Thursday, May 22, 2014

M·A·C Patentpolish Lip Pencil

Recently, and for the first time in a long time, I purchased a few M·A·C items. I seldom try because the brand's most exciting pieces sell out the day they are introduced. I was surprised to be able to order two new lip pencils. Maybe no one wanted them (big smile).

The color and shine of a gloss, the precision of a lip pencil - now in one color stick. M·A·C Patentpolish Lip Pencil ($20) instantly achieves a luscious shine with a single swipe. Effortless twist-up keeps application clean and simple, with no need to sharpen. Enjoy color in a range of 12 new shades - from bright corals to soft, rosy pinks and natural nudes - that stay bright and true on all skin tones.

I ordered Pleasant (shown at left above) and Spontaneous (shown at right). Both are pretty colors. I love the finish they leave on the lips.

I took my swatch photos in full sun. Pleasant is a bright cherry shade. Spontaneous is a warm mauve-pink. I love these pencils. Pencils seem so easy. The Patentpolish Lip Pencils provide a liquid look - almost like patent leather.

I think the range of colors in this collection provides something for everyone. Check it out. It didn't sell out the day it was released. You may still be able to buy one from M·A·C's Web site, a M·A·C boutique, or a M·A·C counter.

Photos at top and bottom courtesy of M·A·C; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Behindthepillar said...

I can't understand why these aren't more popular. I got Go for Girlie and Berry Bold and am really enjoying them. Just the right amount of pigment to look as if something is there but forgiving with slapdash application - I take care with my makeup first thing but any touch ups are totally on the go, often without a mirror! Susan, London

Unknown said...

I am in love with those shades! Time to shop now. Thanks for the post.
Have a wonderful afternoon, CG.

bisbee said...

Hey CG - I think you mixed up the colors - I have Spontaneous - right in front of me. It's not cherry red at all - it looks just like the other color you show!

Charlestongirl said...

I'll check them. They are at home, and I'm not.

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Bisbee. I did switch them, and I just corrected the text. Oh how I miss my mind!

Makeupremastered said...

I have not purchased from MAC for quite some time-just bought 3 for me and one for my daughter-best release for awhile!-they need to keep this as stay in line !