Saturday, May 31, 2014

M·A·C Extra Dimension Blush in Seduced at Sea from the Alluring Aquatic Collection

You know I'm not a M·A·C groupie - and you know why. I did get extra-aggressive, though, in my attempts to acquire pieces from the limited-edition Alluring Aquatic Collection. The one pictured above is Extra Dimension Blush in Seduced at Sea ($27.50). I'm glad I ordered it as an add-on when I purchased the eye shadows.

This blush is a liquid-powder blush with prismatic reflections in two shimmering shades: Seduced at Sea and See Me, Hear Me. The impact ranges from a sheer crystallized light to a highly polished metallic effect.

M·A·C says it lasts six hours, although I experienced eight hours of wear. The pretty, limited-edition compact, with the aqua water droplets, gives it a special look.

Seduced at Sea is described as a mid-tone neutral plum. Well, maybe. Instead, I see an interesting hybrid peach rose shade - hard to describe, but lovely on the cheeks.

I swatched it heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator at the top of my arm, then I used a kabuki brush and applied it fairly heavily in the large swatch. I took my photos in full sun.

The finish gleams. It shows a tiny amount of shimmer in my photos, but I really don't see that on my cheeks. I fear I had some leftover shimmer on my arm from the makeup I swatched immediately prior to swatching this blush. Sometimes, those micro-shimmer particles hold on, no matter how vigorously you scrub them off.

I'm glad I purchased Seduced at Sea. The unusual color has seduced me, so I'll be wearing it this summer to warm my complexion and add a bit of color to my pale face.

The Alluring Aquatic Collection sold out immediately at the M·A·C Web site. Your best bet for finding it will be to call your local M·A·C counters (or boutiques if you have one nearby). I know there are still some "out there" somewhere.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

Elena said...

that's a really beautiful color! and I really like the packaging of this collection, it's so cute!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Yay! Your new post arrived!
This is so pretty, and I'm never a MAC groupie. And like you, I see peachy rose, not plum. The amount of "shimmer" is just right for me, and I must admit, I'm intrigued by the concept.

Grlnxdor said...

I wanted to pick this up with my original order of Silver Sun eyeshadow and Clear Water lipglass, but I didn't see many swatches so I was unsure. It's beautiful! I might be heading to a MAC counter in a couple weeks,so hopefully they will still have it. The last time I checked Nordstrom online still had it.

AnonymousLipstickJunkie said...

Love this blush as well! so glad that I was able to get my hands on it.