Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Bobbi Brown Tinted Lip Balm from the Raw Sugar Collection

Bobbi Brown introduced four, limited-edition Tinted Lip Balm ($20) shades with the Raw Sugar Collection. She had me at Tinted Lip Balm - my kind of lip color. I blind-ordered from the Bobbi Brown Web site and forced myself to order only two. My selections were Pink Raspberry and Pink Popsicle. I am going to have to cover my eyes when I walk past the Bobbi Brown counter. I'm sure I am going to covet the other two shades, both browns, which I love.

Pink Popsicle is shown at left immediately above, and Pink Raspberry is shown at right. All of my photos were taken in full, mid-day sun.

This favorite lip formula from Bobbi Brown has returned in barely-there balm that offers deep moisturize and sheer color (that lasts longer than many sheers). Any woman who wants soft, smooth lips with a hint of fuss-free color for summer will love these Tinted Lip Balms. I still have my shades from Bobbi's earlier introduction. I think I purchased all of them, which means it would have been hard for this fickle blogger to use them all up before moving on to the next sheer sensation.

The color-true formula packs the perfect blend of emollients to comfort and moisturize the lips, while beeswax and candelilla wax help provide longer wear. Plus, vitamins C and E deliver nourishing antioxidant protection.

Because the Lip Balms have a flat top, my arm applications weren't as "neat" and rectangular as I would like. They apply easily to my lips, followed by a smack, but my bony arms were a different story. Pink Popsicle is shown at the top of my arm. It's described by Bobbi Brown as a sheer pinky-red. I'm not sure I'm buying that description. I'd call it a warm pink. I see no red in it. I think the color is gorgeous, despite its description.

Pink Raspberry, shown below on my arm, is described by Bobbi Brown as a sheer, bright red-pink. I can agree with that. The shade has a lot of red in it, but because it is sheer, it doesn't look red on my lips. It looks like I've kissed a popsicle. Too bad it wasn't named with the word "popsicle" because it reminds of of how kids look after they have eaten a berry delight.

The new Tinted Lip Balms are beautifully hydrating. They look good and feel good. The only thing that might have made them even better would have been a bit of SPF protection.

If you see me in the store with my eyes averted from the Bobbi Brown counter, you will know I'm trying not to "see" the brown shades. Wish me luck!

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Eileen said...

Those are such pretty colors. I had one of BB's tinted balms awhile back; wore it down to a nubbin and then kind of forgot about them--until now. Those are really beautiful colors. I'm feeling the pinks and berries more than the peaches and corals this year so I shall have to go have a look at those two. Every gal needs a tinted lip balm in her purse, right? ;-)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

You know me and anything by Bobbi Brown ...I'll have to have at least one. I love the Raspberry shade. Sheer and pretty, and perfect for summer!

Jo said...

I saw pictures of Bobbi Brown's Surf & Sand summer collection online today and it's the first of her collections I've been a little excited about for quite some time. The blush/highlighters are very pretty and at least one of the lip colors looks like it is to die for.

Behindthepillar said...

Do these have a taste/fragrance? I find with lip products that can be a deal breaker for me. I was gifted some BB Shimmer Lip Tints recently which look lovely but I find the slightly minty fragrance off-putting.
Susan, London

Sarah T. said...

Thank you so much for your swatches! I have been eyeing these and was hoping you would be too so I could get a preview! I haven't ever commented before but read regularly and appreciate the time and effort you put into reviews!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Behindthepillar,

I did not notice a fragrance. BTW, I also hate mint in my lipsticks! It's so teeny bopperish.

Kiss & Make-up said...

Yay, I'm so glad that they really hydrate the lips so well! I love a good tinted lip balm, and these look great.

consolata said...

I'd love to know what color the model (with the end of the sunglasses against her cheek -)is wearing - it is so pretty and natural looking.
I also have several from the first BB go-round of tinted balms: apricot, rose, and brown.
all of which are great !

Anonymous said...

I will need to try these. I liked the press photo for this collection.
Best,
Tanja

bisbee said...

I caved! Ordered the Pink Rasberry - it looks so pretty! It's coming today...I got free overnight shipping.

Jess said...

I have heard about these tinted balms but this is my first time to see them. They are so pretty. I love the colors that you have picked. I will def gonna check on these.