Saturday, May 17, 2014

ECRU Acacia Protein Shampoo and Conditioner

One day, ECRU Acacia Protein Shampoo ($25) and Conditioner ($25) showed up in the mail - sent by a lovely PR representative. I was delighted. There has to be some reward for being a blogger! I had just run out of the products I was using, and I love trying new hair products.

The shampoo is made with Acacia Collagen, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Wheat Protein, and Safflower Seed Oil. It is designed to dramatically improve your hair’s strength, texture, and manageability while repairing split ends (the bane of my existence). It's recommended for daily use - that's a good thing because I have to wash and style my hair every day for it to look good. Why not use a shampoo that's nourishing? It contains no parabens or sulfates, and it's safe for color-treated hair.

The ECRU Acacia Protein Conditioner contains the same good-for-your-hair ingredients and offers the same benefits. The two plastic bottles make a good pair for use in the shower. I leave the conditioner on my hair as long a possible, doing all my face and body washing and eyelid scrubbing while I wait for it to work its magic. The only slightly critical thing I could say about the conditioner is that I have to use a lot of it. My hair is very fine and thin, and washing it tangles it. Many conditioners have to be left on for about four minutes to work well. Not all, but many. If you have normal hair, you won't have that problem.

The Acacia Protein Shampoo and Conditioner smell amazingly nice while I'm using them, but the light fragrance is gone when my shower is finished. How perfect!

The Acacia Seyal tree, native to Africa, produces a natural gum-like substance that is extracted from its bark and pods. This anti-aging, plant-based collagen is unlike other collagens because it provides more moisture and moisture retention. The drier, more damaged or aged hair is, the more effective this collagen is. Acacia Collagen is a pure botanical ingredient that is used in high-end skin care. All of the facts about these products have been studied, tested, and verified, according to ECRU.

Silk proteins are the highest grade protein ingredients that are created from the hydrolysis of silk fibers. They are actually "the inner part" of silk removed during this process. Originally used in skin care, when applied to hair, silk proteins form a transparent protective film that seals the hair cuticle, increasing elasticity, natural shine and further preventing damage to the hair.

ECRU New York was created to "Treat and Perform." Silk proteins are used in every product within the collection because they strengthen and improve the integrity of the hair. I have tried a second line within the collection, and it's just as nice.

The company also sent me Acacia Protein BB Cream, a protective, styling product I haven't tried yet. I'll report back on it when I do. I can't experiment with styling creams - especially when I have to go to work. I will never forget that day when I got to work and had to go to the salon next door to get help after I had applied a new product. You can read about that emergency here. Not that I expect an emergency from Acacia, but I have been afraid of styling products ever since.

Finding these beautiful products may be a trick. I used ECRU's locator and couldn't find them offered within 25 miles of my house. However, I found a long list of retailers in New Jersey and New York. Fortunately, you can shop online with ECRU. The price is right. I'm going to order and get the super-sized bottles, which are the best deal. These are very nice products.

Photos courtesy of ECRU

1 comment:

Marley's Mom said...

Sorry I haven't checked in in a long time! This shampoo and conditioner look intriguing to me. My hair is normal so I would expect to leave the conditioner on a regular amount of time. Thanks for the introduction.