Friday, May 9, 2014

Chantecaille Liquid Lumière in Luster and Brilliance

Every so often, a makeup introduction comes a long that leaves me wishing I could still do cartwheels. Chantecaille's Liquid Lumière ($39) is one of them. Available in two shades - both of which are irresistible - it will make you gleam in a summer rose gold or a natural gold.

As I mentioned yesterday, this brand new luminizer/illuminator that is available in Luster and Brilliance. Who could choose between gorgeous and gorgeous? I couldn't, so I ordered both.

Velvety smooth and buildable, Liquid Lumière blends effortlessly to leave skin feeling hydrated and supple, while gleaming with a healthy glow.
  • A luxuriously lightweight highlighting fluid that instantly illuminates skin while delivering long-term anti-aging benefits
  • Micro-sized, light reflecting pigments blur imperfections to instantly brighten and even out skin tone
  • Packaged for portability, the powerful complexion “pick me up” can be applied throughout the day for a boost of radiance and luminosity
Liquid Lumière leaves the prettiest, most natural, transparent gleam you can imagine. I hope it delights you as much as it thrills me. It's sophisticated, luxurious, and versatile. You can wear it anywhere on your face where you want a touch of light or brightness without glitter or a made-up look - under or over makeup or alone. I think it's going to be a very popular new tool in our makeup wardrobes.

I took swatch photos in full, late-afternoon sun. I used my finger to apply the creamy liquid luminizers. I blended them in slightly, but didn't want to blend too much or I would have started to lose the color. I swatched Luster at the top, with Brilliant below.

These colorful gleaming swatches show how beautiful Liquid Lumière is on the skin. Although you may think you see sparkles, particularly in the gold due to the sun, they appear to be evenly pigmented, gleaming radiance on the skin. Luster, at the top of my arm, is a stunning rose-peach hybrid that is so flattering I stand in the mirror and gush. Brilliance is the gold for women who don't want to look like a disco ball.

You can see in this second photo that the colors are quite sheer. My veins are visible through the swatches. These luminizers will enhance your skin, not cover it up.

I am blown away by how much I love these little tubes of sunshine. They are small at .8 fluid ounces, but the fair price makes it palatable to buy back-ups (for those of us who have already decided we don't want to live without these treasures).

I purchased mine at the Chantecaille Web site. I will be at Neiman Marcus tomorrow and will find out if the new Chantecaille products have arrived at counters.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Jo said...

Thanks CG, I've so been looking forward to this review. I'm going to pick up Luster this weekend.

Lisa said...

on my way to NM must have bothe ! thanks for the review!

Rebekah said...

I have these arriving tomorrow and now I am even more excited! Thank you so much for your review and swatches, I can't wait to get my paws on them!

Charlestongirl said...

My friends, Jo and Lisa, I hope you called first. I don't know if they have arrived at counters.

Adam & Susan said...

Got both from Nordstrom.com! Happily enabled. Thank you, CG!

Claire said...

These look amazing! I agree the price point is quite reasonable, considering this is a luminizer that will be used very sparingly.

Sherry P said...

Gonna get them for sure! I have never tried this brand and think this is a great way to start!

Resham said...

lovely!!! I saw these on Nordstrom... Thank you for swatching!!