Saturday, October 6, 2012

Chanel Regard Signé de Chanel Harmonie du Soir Quadra Eye Shadow for Holiday 2012

Chanel's Holiday 2012 Collection, Éclats du Soir de Chanel, has started to arrive in stores. I purchased my treasures at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. One of them is Rigard Signé de Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in Harmonie du Soir. It reminded me so much of Topkapi that I had to pull out last year's quad to compare them. They are different.

Intrigued by the alchemy of precious metals, Peter Philips, Creative Director of Chanel Makeup, debuts a resplendent Holiday 2012 Collection, Éclats du Soir de Chanel. Gold and bronze shade harmonies dust the eyes with festive shimmer, while soft beige, pinks, and deep reds set face, lips, and nails aglow.

The Harmonie du Soir Quadra Eye Shadow palette ($65) offers shades of bronze gold, taupe, violet plum, and pink. I think it's covet-worthy - even though one shade is basically unwearable on my ultra-fair skin.

I have almost no time to gush. This feature must publish in about five minutes. The sun popped out, and so did I, dashing outside to get photos.

I swatched heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator and took my photos in full, afternoon sun. I swatched in clockwise order, starting with the gold at the top left in the palette. Sorry about the Band-Aid; it's part of my life (somewhere on my body) these days.

The gold shines exactly as you would expect a holiday gold to glow. The brown is stunning - absolutely, seriously stunning. The pink is a nice one that we will all be able to wear. The red? It's a tough color. You be the judge. Can you wear this shade on your eyes? I may play with it to see how it looks as a blush.

Naturally, I purchased the shimmering soft pink Joues Contraste blush in Star Dust. I'll show it to you tomorrow.Stay tuned. I have so much beautiful new holiday makeup, but very little sunshine.

In my area, Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie is the only Neiman Marcus store that has received Chanel's Holiday 2012 Collection. I was at Saks today, and Georgia and Loyd were bummed that they don't have it yet. Give them a few days and they will.


Photos by Best Things in Beauty or courtesy of Chanel

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics. Can't wait to see this in person - only a month or so until it arrives in the UK ! Topkapi was stunning so on looks alone this is a must have for me :) Thanks for posting. Anne

Claudia said...

Beautiful Palette of colors...i think I just may have to seek this one out.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anne!

It's really too bad that Europe gets Chanel a month after we do!

Charlestongirl said...

Claudia, either this one or the new Guerlain Liu would suit you nicely for the holidays.

Anonymous said...

Remember Les Ochres from years & years ago? Sort of a variation of that. Another Chanel quad I don't need (but do?!) Almost too beautiful to wear, maybe to collect.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

Yep, sure do! Wear it!

Gail said...

Hmmmm...how does that red shade compare to the red shade in the Chante Elephants palette?

Eileen said...

Harmonie du Soir is a must for me with my warm, light complexion and dark, mossy green eyes. I've been lusting after this one ever since the lovely Chanel counter manager let me take a look inside her collection book a few months back. Given that Chanel has occassionally had a descrepency problem between their promo pictures and the actual products, my only question was whether the quad would live up to the beautiful pictures I had seen. That question has been answered with a resounding Yes! Your swatches look like liquid satin. As for the reddened plum in the palette, what can I say? I know that is a difficult color for you, but I adore it. It actually reminds me a bit of Granat--the crayon yeux that was part of the spring collection. Colors like that glow against my skin and emphasize the green in my eyes. Harmonie du Soir and Liu for evening; Turandot for day. I think I'll have the holidays covered :-)

I'm also looking forward to seeing the new JC called Star Dust that is part of the collection (light, shimmery pink). I think it will be the perfect highlight when applied on a velvety complexion. And speaking of a pale cheek, did you all see the makeup breakdown for Chanel's latest Ready to Wear show? The models were not wearing blush, bronzer, or contour on their cheeks. I wonder if Star Dust is going to lead us towards a more homogenous complexion look for awhile. For the most part, where Peter Philips leads, I'll happily follow :-)

Running with Scissors said...

Love those colours! I can *totally* rock that red... Looks nice again my dark green eyes! xxx

Gail said...

I'm still trying to figure out how they call that shade violet plum....

Eileen said...

Hi Gail,

Christine (Temptalia) has an eye look featuring Harmonie du Soir which she did about a week ago. Although her look is quite editorial, you get a very good idea of the colors. The plum is definitely plum and not at all like the earthy copper of the Elephant palette. Also, the finish of the two shadows is quite different.

joy said...

Wow - Chanel never disappoints! I'm going to go broke this holiday season with all the gorgeous makeup everywhere! Have you seen the new Dior '5 Couleurs - Grand Bal' Eyeshadow Palettes? There's two and they're gorgeous! Im eyeing Fairy Golds right now. I'm looking forward to your Chanel Stardust review and your thoughts on the rest of the Armani eyeshadow palettes. :-)

Annick said...

Wow, that palette is more gorgeous swatched than how it looks in the pan! Love it!

lovethescents said...

This is incredibly pretty looking and your swatches are lovely. I don't think this would be great on me, though. Too smoky? Not sure...might make me look too tired since I'm not a pro with the brush ;-)

Rosemary said...

Gorgeous! Of course.

I can't wait to see your swatches of Stardust. :)

Isla said...

I've been waiting for this since missing out on Topkapi! But I think the reddish shade is a deal-breaker, I can't see myself wearing it.

Charlestongirl said...

Gail, the Chantecaille shade is brown. This one is mauve, plummy red. Totally different.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, we must be on the same wavelength. I just turned to comments after writing up Star Dust. Goodness, my friend, we have both moved on to Spring/Summer with Peter Philips!

I am so jealous that you can wear these red shades. Grrr...

Charlestongirl said...

Christy, then I'm jealous of you too! Those shades make me look like an albino bunny.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Joy,

Not only have I seen them, I have them! If the darn sun would come out, I could get photos of my backlogged makeup treasures.

Tomorrow! The weather guys promised me sun tomorrow. Today? It's raining.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Annick,

Yep, applying the shades to skin bring them to life.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh Lovethescents, I wish you were closer. We could get you application lessons!

Charlestongirl said...

Done, Rosemary, and just published.

Charlestongirl said...

Isla, do what I plan to do. Wear it applied lightly as a blush. It works!

EllenB said...

Love it! Wish I could have it! Chanel quads were $56 now they switch the digits to $65. I hope this is only because its a holiday palette!

Bonnie C. said...

Another lovely set of shadows from Chanel! :-) Though I agree with you, I'm not really enthused about the reddish color, but the other three are lovely.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Ellen,

You had me wondering if I had flipped the numbers. Had to check another blog! Pfew! I got it right.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bonnie!

That red suits some people - just not me. I don't need extra help looking tired. :)

Christine U. said...

I'm really interested in seeing the comparison shots of the gold and taupe with the gold and taupe of the topkapi quad. Any chance you'd be posting that?=)