Tuesday, October 16, 2012

New: Sisley Phyto Lip Gloss

Sisley has all new Phyto Lip Glosses ($55) - shinier, more lustrous, and so fabulous you will need more than one. I did. When Alfredo Lizardi, makeup artist extraordinaire, was at Neiman Marcus recently, the testers (shown above) has arrived, but not the product for sale. They finally showed up, and I made my first purchase of these gorgeous glosses. They are pricey. Let's get that out of the way. Fortunately, they are large.

Alfredo had selected #05, Bois de Rose, for me (shown above at left). Together we choose #07, Brun (shown at right). Both are gorgeous - pigmented, shiny, and with a superb feel. Sisley's Phyto Lip Glosses are said to be more comfortable than a classic gloss and more shiny than a lipstick. Yep.

How do they merit the price? Sisley’s skin-care expertise is translated into a color product that's enriched with active ingredients. Sisley calls it "treatment makeup."
  • A real treatment formula that moisturizes, softens, and smoothes lips
  • A nourishing formula that protects, soothes, and repairs from external aggressions
Now, for the part you can see and feel...
  • Unparalleled shine with optimal light refraction for a plumped-up effect
  • Moisturized, smoothed, and plumped lips every day
  • Sensory, practically imperceptible on lips and non-sticky
  • Leaves a veil characterized by comfort and subtle fineness, for a cocooning effect
  • Delicately scented with refreshing mint and tea leaf notes
These glosses have superb color. Take a look at my swatch photos, which were taken in full sun. I absolutely love glosses I can wear as both lipstick and lip gloss. These fit the bill.

I remember rushing to get these photos. I'm sorry my application wasn't perfectly even. Even without perfect application, you should be able to see the remarkable color they provide. Bois de Rose is a perfect rose shade. I'd call it rosewood on my lips. The Brun shade leans mauve, with its heavy dose of rose in the cool brown base. Gorgeous!

Is there anything not to love about these new glosses? Not in my opinion! I'll be going back for more shades.

I know many of you care about ingredients. I do too. Fortunately, Sisley lists the key therapeutic ingredients of Phyto Lip Glosses on its Web site.
  • Extrait de padina pavonica: boosts the synthesis of GAGs and hyaluronic acid, source of hydration, for a natural plumping effect
  • Shea butter: nourishes, soothes, repairs, softens
  • Kokum butter: nourishes, protects, repairs
  • Sunflower oil: nourishes, softens, revitalizes
  • Rapeseed oila: brings lipids, protects
  • Vitamin E: protects
Want to see Sisley's Phyto Lip Gloss? Just drop by any Sisley counter. I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus. You can find them online at this Sisley link.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Running with Scissors said...

Love the Bois de Rose. Mmmmmm

Stacie said...

You always have the best reviews of the newest/upcoming products. I really enjoy your blog! Stacie xo

lovethescents said...

Beautiful colours, excellent review....these are so tempting! And the shea butter....oh C-girl, your lips will be perfect even if the winter is dry ;-)

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Christy! That was his artistic eye's choice for me.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Stacie!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

Perfect? I can say for sure they will look good. :)

Unknown said...

I will take one in every shade! Love Sisley Lip Gloss!

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, JEM, I would too if I had more money.