Thursday, October 4, 2012

Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) Moiré Liquid Eyeliner

I got a wild hare the other day and ordered YSL's Moiré Liquid Eyeliner ($34) in Emerald Reflections (#009). I was thinking about Giorgio Armani's new Eyes to Kill Palette in Pantelleria (#03), and I could see Emerald Reflections enhancing it.

Emerald Reflections is not emerald. It's teal. Whoever named this liquid eyeliner didn't know his or her gems. If named after one, it might have been named Aventurine. Or Apatite. Or Praisiolite Quartz. Or even Tourmaline. I think this color is beautiful. Can you see it with Pantelleria?

This artistic eyeliner with shimmering reflections has a firm yet flexible precision brush that draws a thin, even, and long-lasting line - just the way I like it. Better than its easy-to-use brush, though, is the color! Check out Nordstrom's swatch immediately below.

My swatches look a bit dorky, but I was trying to draw a "Y" for YSL. Unfortunately, I'll never be a freehand artist. Fortunately, I can draw a perfect line at the base of my lashes.

I took these photos in full sun. I applied one thin line and one thick to form my "Y."

Isn't this teal shade gorgeous? Not blue, but not green, it's the perfect hybrid between the two. It may be more summer than fall, but I don't want to be bound by seasons when creating my makeup looks, especially when I find colors so flattering I swoon.

This YSL Moiré Liquid Eyeliner is available in five shades. For a more autumn-like color, try Reflections of Moss or Steel Reflections - but they are too safe.

You can find YSL's Moiré Liquid Eyeliner at must YSL retailers. I purchased mine at Sephora, where it is currently shown as new and not available. I do not believe it's new. Go figure. It's available online at Nordstrom. I'm sure you can find it at YSL counters.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Rosemary said...

Now, CG, it's called Emerald *Reflections* which means it's a teal that sometimes reflects on how it could have been emerald. See? ;)

Looks like a universally flattering color. Chanel has all my money, otherwise I would be tempted.

Nemo said...

I prefer the YSL waterproof eye pencils. They are the best liners I have ever used: They glide on in one nice sweep and they last! There are a couple of greens in their color range. You featured them once, and I bought them bc of your feature.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Rosemary,

You are way too understanding. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo, I wish I could narrow my faves to only one type. :)

lovethescents said...

What a stunningly unusual colour for a liner. REally pretty. Yes, of course, I want it. Sigh.......

bisbee said...

Love the color...but I'm holding out for that Armani palette #3. I wish it would be on the website!

I think I'll also get the teal shadow pencil in the Nars Warhol collection.

Kate said...

I just bought my first YSl product yesterday, a lipstick.
I have looked at the displays many times but not stopped longer

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

From your photos, I'd say this shade would be dynamite on you!

Charlestongirl said...

Kate, YSL makes some of my very favorite lip colors (lipstick, gloss, hybrids). Recently, a friend asked me for a recommendation. The best, most favorite sheer lipstick I could suggest she buy. I selected YSL.

Charlestongirl said...

Bisbee, I think #3 is the superstar of the fabulous collection. Imagine, a superstar among superstars!

Bonnie C. said...

Of course you would do a post about a beautiful eyeliner on my birthday, what else would make sense?!? :-) Thanks for another great post, pretty liner :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Happy birthday, Bonnie! I hope your next year brings a treatment, if not a cure!