Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dior Grand Bal Collection for Holiday 2012 Has Made an Entrance

Here are just some of the items I can't swatch because we continue to have very cloudy days. I was able to get some product photos, so I decided to feature them. Perhaps you'll be inspired to look for them at your favorite Dior counter.

The Dior Grand Bal Carnet de Maquillage Makeup Palette for Glowing Eyes and Lips ($85) is a limited edition. Inspired by the dance cards held by young women in the eighteenth century to help keep track of their dance partners, this essential beauty kit will become a must-have for the modern party lover. The glamorous gold clutch features a pearl eyeshadow duo of platinum and gold, two shades of gloss, a mirror, and deep black eyeliner for quick touch-ups. It has the most amazing closure - a gold bar that slides into the hollow "clasps" that you see at the top and bottom in the photo above. This palette is gorgeous.

There are two limited-edition 5 Couleurs Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palettes ($50). Night Golds (#524) is shown above. Fairy Golds (#764) is shown below.

Could you choose? I couldn't. They are both gorgeous. I really hope I can get swatch photos soon.

There are four new limited-edition Diorific Vernis ($26) shades. The one I loved is Diorling (#207). The others are very pretty too. You may be hard pressed to select only one. My photo was way too dark; this is Dior's photo.

For better or worse, I swatched the new Dior Addict Ultra Glosses under clouds, and I'll show them to you tomorrow. You can tell I'm desperate when I start taking photos under dense clouds.

Dior's Grand Bal Collection also has four intense red-toned Dior Diorling Diorific Lipsticks. They are all here because my SA said to take them before they sold out and make up my mind later. Good thinking - except I know they are all too intense/dark for my tastes.

Dior's Grand Bal Collection is arriving in stores now, and the items are selling out almost the moment they arrive. Why do they order so few pieces?

Photos by Best Things in Beauty (with the exception of the Diorific Vernis photo, courtesy of Dior

8 comments:

Stacie said...

So pretty! I can't decide which eye shadow palette I would purchase. They are both Gorgeous! Thanks for the sneak peek! Stacie xo

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Stacie!

It was a tough decision, which is why I have both. :)

Evelyn said...

I bought that nail polish...I really liked the color but I loved the cute bottle. Yes, sometimes packaging sucks me in. I bought the Marilyn lipstick which I love but yes, it's probably a little too intense for you although maybe as a stain? It really goes on so smoothly, I'm impressed with the formula. It's not that I didn't like the palettes but Guerlain has really caught my fancy this holiday season more so than the rest.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn,

The bottle got me too. :)

Anonymous said...

I need it all ! :D Anne

Charlestongirl said...

I felt the same way, Anne. :)

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Both of those 5-Couleur palettes are GORGEOUS!!! But if I HAD to choose one, I'd probably go with Fairy Golds. No wait...Night Golds. No....Arrrgghh ok you're right, I can't choose :P

Bonnie C. said...

So pretty! :-) Thanks so much for sharing these, the clutch is beautiful. I really appreciate you sharing the holiday collections since I can't see them for myself in the stores. :-)