Thursday, October 18, 2012

YSL Radiance Blush in #7 from the Northern Lights Holiday 2012 Collection

YSL launched two new, limited-edition Blush Radiances ($45, aka Radiant Blush) with the Northern Lights Holiday 2012 Collection. This is one of them, #7. I featured the other, #8, this morning. Just scroll down to see it.

YSL's Northern Lights is a small, carefully edited collection. As I mentioned this morning, only half of it appealed to me. Sadly, neither of the eye palettes did. The new Blush Radiances did appeal to me. I purchased them both.

I don't see any sense in repeating the description of Blush Radiance, so let's get straight to the swatch photos. I took swatch photos of #7 using a sponge-tipped applicator at the top of my arm and a blush brush below. Both swatches were applied moderately, and my photos were taken in very bright sunshine.

Blush #7 is even lighter and sheerer than #8. The color, a light peach, has just as much sparkle mixed in as #8. The color is buildable, so if my swatch photos look too light for your own complexion, just layer on more color.

The peach shade of #7 is gorgeous. My photos look way too light to me, but I took them right before I snapped the #8 swatches. There was no change in lighting conditions. I can't get more photos because it's dark outside.

I love these new Radiance Blush shades. I purchased my new YSL Northern Lights items at Neiman Marcus. I did not have time to check out the other stores to see if the collection is widely available yet. Make sure to stop at your favorite YSL counter to look at the collection.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

2 comments:

Eileen said...

That is sheer, indeed! Seeing these whisper light colors makes me want to push my more vibrant shades to the back of the drawer ;-) Even my Caresse de l'Aube and Écrin seem heavy in comparison. These more delicate shades seem to be the perfect compliment to the satin/matte complexions and bolder lips that we've been seeing. I guess the artistic directors for the various brands have to shake it up now and then to get us to switch up our cosmetic wardrobes and purchase new goodies. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready! :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

Isn't it interesting how the whole industry seems to swing in the same direction at the same time?

I am thrilled with the move to light and lively blushes. They are perfect for me. Not so thrilled about all the velvet-textured lipsticks. They are not my thing. However, Tim Quinn is extremely excited about Armani's Maestros, so I'll reserve judgement until I can get my hands on one.