Monday, October 29, 2012

Sephora Collection Urban Luxe All Over Powder Palette - It's on Sale!

I purchased Sephora's Urban Luxe All Over Powder Palette at full price: $14. Now it's on sale for $7. It's a bargain; I'd jump over to Sephora to order it if I were you. It's gorgeous.

The photo online was interesting, but by no means compelling. Something caught my eye, and I'm so glad. Perhaps it was the color description: "shimmering golden, cream, bronze, and brown tones." Use the shades for blush, bronzing, highlighting, and/or contouring. I use them on my eyes too.

This versatile palette creates both contoured and highlighted looks with a luminous, all-over glow. The pearly shades incorporate a light, transparent base that allows the brilliance of pearls to amplify, while the glitter adds a subtle sparkle. Colors can be combined or used individually to generate different looks, depending on personal preference and what is perfect for you when you’re on-the-go. Infused with vitamin E and aloe to soothe and protect the skin, this must-have palette produces brilliant, iridescent, and multidimensional color, leaving an especially radiant finish.

All true and more! I've been holding out on you for a long time - enough time for it to go on sale. I'm not sure why I overlooked this compact in my photo library. I really love it.

I took swatch photos in full sun, and I applied the shades in a few different ways with a sponge-tipped applicator. It has been awhile since I swatched, so I can't remember exactly what I blended and what I didn't. I'm fairy sure that the shade at the top of my arm is the blended shade of all the colors in the palette. I think the result of blending is stunning. The second two swatches are where I get fuzzy. I think the middle shade is a blend of the top two shades in the compact, and the bottom shade is a blend of the bottom two. Please don't hold me to that. You can use the palette to achieve these colors - and more, depending on what colors you pick up with your brush.

Sephora suggests the following uses.
  • Use dry for a natural, sheer, luminous finish.
  • Use a large blush brush to create all-over glow.
  • Use a contour brush to create a more defined, highlighted look.
I highly recommend this bargain from Sephora. I think the Sephora Collection Urban Luxe All Over Powder Palette was a bargain at $14, and it's an amazing find at $7. Sephora has really upped its game with its own collection. You know where to find it.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

2 comments:

bedazzled64 said...

Oh thank you for the review on this! Now I have to check this one out. I'm so glad I found you on here, you give such great reviews!

Have you tried Givenchy's bronzer? I'm up in the air between theirs and Chanel's. I always hear praises about Chanel but never Givenchy. I have their blush which I adore, I dont know why they're so underrated.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Lisa!

I have tried Givenchy's bronzing powders. Most of Givenchy's powders are fragranced. If you can live with that, you'd like it. Instinctively, I'd go with Chanel. Even better, though, is Guerlain's.