Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sisley Phyto-Blush Éclat

Sisley's Phyto-Blush Éclat ($88) has made its new debut in a snazzy zebra-striped case. I couldn't resist, even though the new blushes are the same as the old ones, with one new shade added along with the amazing case. This is the kind of blusher you wouldn't mind pulling out in public. You could use its own brush that rests in the palette.

I have to show you the case. I don't usually dwell on cases, particularly when they are the same as every other like case in a brand (e.g., all eye shadow quad compacts). In this case, the look is noteworthy. Is it classy, or what?

Sisley Phyto-Blush Éclat is "radiance revealed, in a single sweep. Its high-tech texture reveals and beautifies the complexion, while leaving the skin soft and comfortable.
Ultra-fine, unctuous and silky, for a light, astonishing translucent and long-lasting makeup result."

Sisley's wonderful blushes adapt to all skin tones and looks, from the most natural to the most sophisticated. I'm living proof. I tried all the new shades, and there wasn't a single one I couldn't wear! That's impressive. Of course, it made for a terrible decision-making process. Would I purchase one, two, or even more?

I got rational and choose one to start: Pinky Rose (#4). I took swatch photos in full sunlight, applying the blush heavily at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator and fairly heavily below with a brush.

Pinky Rose is a natural for me, and I love it. That said, I still want Pink Berry and Peach and... I think the Sisley gals were amused by my indecision.

This is a gorgeous blush. Yes, it's a bit pricey. Sisley color usually is. You always get some nice skin-care ingredients with Sisley color, so that's how I justify it. Here are the key active ingredients in Phyto-Blush Éclat.
  • Woodmallow extract: moisturizes and softens
  • Linden extract: softens, soothes
  • Corn: nourishes, increases hydration
  • Gardenia extract: softens, moisturizes
  • Ginkgo biloba extract: boosts surface microcirculation, fights free radicals 
  • Rosehip extract: tones
This blush applies beautifully - sheerly, but with buildable color. It makes me look perky. I am almost sure that a second shade is in my immediate future - probably the plummy Pink Berry. I wish my bathroom were larger. I could display them all!

I purchased my Sisley Phyto-Blush Éclat at Neiman Marcus. You can find it at any Sisley counter.

Update: I forgot I had this photo, taken in terrible store lighting, of the new blush display. Ta da!

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Beauty Unearthly said...

nice color, I want it))

Charlestongirl said...

Hopefully, you can find it, Unearthly.

time4beauty said...

I have the blush in pinky berry and pinky coral. Coral is my favorite. I think this renewed blush has a very good quality, though I didn't like zebra print on the case.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Time4Beauty!

The Sisley gals tell me they did nothing to the blush, except change the case and add a shade. Either way, that coral you like is gorgeous! I guess zebras aren't for you? :)

Susana said...

lovely blush!! what i want to ask might be silly but i was ready these days to buy giorgio armani's blush in number 10 because i wanted to pair it with pink plum lips-more specific rouge coco in charme number 40 topped with bobbi brown high shimmer in naked plum. i' ve already tried their formula but after you reviewed this i really want to try this one now!! lol! because i don't have a counter near me could you be so kind to tell me if the textures are be comparable-or irrelevant- or is this far more better?!! any color suggestions about my lip combination? thank you for your reviews!!

Charlestongirl said...

Susana, if you want to pair your blush with pink plum lips, I would recommend Armani #10. I would not use this shade of Sisley's blush.

The textures are comparable. The Armani blush has the most subtle, incomparable finish I've ever seen. It is truly magnificent.

Susana said...

Thank you so much Charleston Girl! you' ve been really helpful and fast!!!!

Unknown said...

Charleston Girl,

It is a beautiful blush and now...my wallet is crying.
I like Sisley products and know this will be a great little addition to my over-flowing cosmetics collection!

Thanks for the info.