Thursday, March 10, 2011

MELVITA Essentials Lip Stick

MELVITA is a fabulous natural beauty brand. I love their products. Last year, SkinStore, where you can purchase a long list of MELVITA products - usually at a discount, sent me a kit of samples. I don't remember whether MELVITA's Essentials Lip Stick ($10) was in the kit or whether I purchased it. If I purchased it, I made a brilliant choice (in my humble opinion).

This lip treatment is lightly, almost imperceptibly scented with mandarin essence. It was designed to regenerate and effectively protect the lips, leaving them feeling comfortable and intensely hydrated. Since I'm a total lip treatment addict, I have MELVITA's Essential Lip Stick stationed on the dresser in my bedroom. I usually swipe it on each time I walk by.

The Essential Lip Stick:
  • Helps to prevent lip drying and damage;
  • Contains shea butter and argan butter to repair and soften the lips; and
  • Has 100% natural ingredients.
In other words, it's pure and clean, so you don't have to worry about layering chemicals on your lips.

The container is cardboard. It's not fancy, but neither is the price. It's recyclable. It's larger/wider than other lip balms. It has a texture in the tube that could best be described as uneven (one reviewer called it bumpy) - it's not slick. The product applies smoothly, though, leaving a nice, hydrating coating on my lips.

Many of the ingredients come from organic farms. Others are derived from natural oils. It's a nice list, which you can see at this link. MELVITA is an amazing company. With a humble beginning as a biologist and beekeeper, founder Bernard Chevilliat set out to preserve the beautiful countryside of the Ardèche Gorges (France). Among his many accomplishments, he designed a production facility to blend into the surrounding landscape, and he installed a wastewater treatment system. The MELVITA production site in Lagorce now covers almost five acres and is focused on making minimal impact to the environment.

"Faced with the combined assaults of industrial chemistry and parasites, the world of bees was already, in my eyes, a reminder of the world’s increasing fragility, because a world without bees would be a world without flowers, fruit, beauty… This was why, from the outset, I wanted to place “nature at heart” of our approach and of our ecological and humanistic concerns," said Chevilliat.

MELVITA is a pioneer in organic cosmetics and has grown to become one of France’s leading brands of natural and organic cosmetics - resolutely organic - because they are convinced that the organic commitment is one of the keys to the future of the planet. Who could argue with that?

You can purchase MELVITA products - all of them fabulous - at SkinStore.com (one of my favorite online sources). SkinStore often has generous discount offers. Right now, by using the code GSG20, you can get a 20% discount on everything in their Spring Guide to Gorgeous.

Photo courtesy of SkinStore

No comments: