Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tarte emphasEYES Inner Rim Brightener

You need this! Tarte's emphasEYES Inner Rim Brightener ($18) is an unassuming beauty product at first glance. Use this pencil once, and you will consider it a necessity.

I have frequent redness in my waterline. Right now, as I write, there's not a trace. If I were wearing my contact lenses; running around exposed to environmental assaults; working at the computer for long hours; or suffering from seasonal allergies (most of the time) or sleep failure, I would have varying degrees of redness. Even when I don't "see" the redness, it will show up in photographs, as Loyd Cassler and I discovered one day when he was taking pictures of me at Saks. He finally took Giorgio Armani's white eyeliner and applied it on my lower waterline to banish the red.

Tarte has introduced a better shade than white, a much more natural shade, to brighten your eyes and make you look peppy. The soft, fine tip of Tarte's Inner Rim brightener gently and easily glides along the lower inner rim (waterline) and inner corner of the eyes to instantly brighten the eyes for a wide-awake look. Use it, and your eyes will grow in size instantly! This multitasking pencil can even be used to highlight the brow bone for an even more eye-opening experience.

I was privileged to receive one from Tarte. Previously available in a set, emphasEYES natural Inner Rim Brightener is now sold on its own. Like all Tarte makeup, it is formulated with none of the nasty stuff. It is formulated with skinvigorating ingredients.
  • Aloe leaf extract to help create a moisturizing formula
  • Beeswax to create a natural protective barrier between the skin and the environment
  • Mineral pigments, colors and dyes derived from natural minerals that are known to soothe and soften the skin
  • Vitamin A, an antioxidant that helps remove free radicals, promote collagen production, and retain moisture
  • Vitamin E, a natural preservative that also acts as an anti-inflammatory emollient and protects against free radicals
It's a simple product, but so incredibly effective, useful, and flattering. Everyone should own one of these pencils!

You can purchase Tarte's emphasEYES Inner Rim Brightener at Tarte's Web site, Sephora, Ulta, Beauty.com, Henri Bendel, and QVC. It's available now.

Photo courtesy of Tarte

11 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh, I'm going to HAVE to get one of those. Thanks!

Kelly said...

I have been after this pencil for some time now! My store hasn't gotten this is stock yet - I've been stalking it!

Charlestongirl said...

Yep, Victoria, you do need one. Everyone does. And it's inexpensive!

Charlestongirl said...

Kelly, order it from Tarte! It is worth stalking. :)

Soni said...

oooOOOOooo!! I've been using Laura Mercier's version of this, but this one looks better (automatic - no sharpener required and better ingredients).
This will be mine next week!!
Thanks again for bringing us an AWESOME and helpful item.
(((HUGS)))

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Will it make my red, bleary eyes look fresh, awake and less like a drug addict after going on a binge?!?!?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Soni, Thanks! You are going to love this one!

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, Mama Val!

Yes, it will erase all evidence of binging self-abuse. :)

Eileen said...

It amazes me that it's only been during this past year that cosmetic brands have finally realized that our waterline is beige; not white. I love Chanel's Blanc for evening when I want a bit of pearl glow in the inner corners, but to rid myself of redness, I reach for Clair (neutral beige). I haven't tried Tarte'd version yet, but I've heard nothing but raves about it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen! Fortunately MUAs have improvised until recently.

Did you notice that Tarte's pencil and D&G's were featured in the March Allure? They said Pat McGrath had used a beige pencil to line eyes at several spring shows.

Eileen said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

Yes, I saw Allure. I have the feeling that the beige pencil--and particularly the one by Tarte--will be the "It" product of the year. I think we'll see a lot more brands releasing their own version and a lot more women giving it a go. I discovered it when I had my make-up done by a Chanel MA. I was apologizing for the allergy induced redness when the MA said that she had just the thing and showed me the pencil in Clair. I was a convert on the spot!