Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Aveeno Pure Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner

There are a few advantages to being an AVEENO Ambassador - not the least of which was a package in the mail of AVEENO's Pure Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner. I used them entirely and had to go out and buy more. I love them - and I couldn't get the containers to give up another precious drop.

The Pure Renewal line was developed to be a new, pure way to renew your hair every time you wash it. The exclusive sulfate-free, Active Naturals formulas (proprietary to AVEENO), combined with balancing seaweed extract, bring hair back to its natural, most balanced state with each wash.

AVEENO scientists have harnessed the power of Active Naturals Balancing Seaweed Extract in formulas that provide a unique cleansing and conditioning system to rebalance and preserve our hair's optimal moisture levels. My hair, dry from age and highlighting (plus my overall dryness because I can never remember to drink enough water) can always use a moisture treat. My problem is that many moisturizing shampoos and conditioners leave my hair silky, but totally limp and lifeless. Pure Renewal provides the moisture I need without leaving my hair limp and devoid of volume.

Rich in vitamins, proteins, and minerals, Balancing Seaweed Extract works together with sulfate-free, naturally derived cleansers in these formulas that effectively remove impurities without over-drying or over-moisturizing, to leave hair shinier, healthier looking, and more manageable. 

There are three Pure Renewal products: 1) Pure Renewal Shampoo, 2) Pure Renewal 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner, and 2) Pure Renewal Conditioner. I am using Pure Renewal 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner as my shampoo and Pure Renewal Conditioner to end my treatment, despite the fact that I could stop with the one-step product. The double conditioning leaves my hair nicely hydrated.

My hair behaves nicely after using these two products. It holds the style I create with my blow dryer, and, best of all, keeps the volume in my hair style all day and into the next.

The Pure Renewal hair care products smell great. They have a very green scent - not at all overwhelming and not one that carries forward into my day. The scent makes my in-shower hair-care experience more pleasant.

I read a customer review on AVEENO's Web site that called these products "awesome." I have to agree. There are few mass market hair care lines that capture my attention and keep it. The Pure Renewal products have earned a permanent place in my shower.

Check them out. You can find them everywhere - drug stores, supermarkets, discount stores - anywhere you can find AVEENO -  even my favorite Costco. They are more than worth their ultra-affordable price - generally between $7 and $9. I don't really feel badly about running out (I wash my hair every day) when I can replace them for those prices. I do shake out every last drop, a habit when I love something. You've got to try them.

Photos courtesy of AVEENO

4 comments:

Heather Elyse said...

I was just recently looking for some new shampoo and conditioner the other day. After reading this post I think I am going to have to go check these out! Thanks!

BooBooNinja said...

I didn't realise Aveeno made hair products. I'll keep an eye out for these.

Unknown said...

Can't find this anywhere and it's selling for $32.80 on Amazon - has this product been discontinued?

Charlestongirl said...

It's all over the Web. Try this one: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=390683&catid=183458&aid=338666&aparam=48013754339id390683&device=c&network=g&matchtype=