Friday, May 11, 2012

La Prairie Cellular Luxe Lip Colour in Pink Quartz

Sometimes, I think La Prairie doesn't get enough love. Is it the price? I'm not sure because Tom Ford's prices are also high, but that hasn't dampened enthusiasm for his makeup. I'm going to start to show you "La Prairie's best" more often. The company deserves the attention; plus one of my all-time favorite beauty industry representatives just joined the La Prairie team.

When our local La Prairie representative gave me the Cellular Luxe Lip Colour in Pink Quartz ($55) at Bloomingdale's, I was thrilled. I had a real "pitter patter" moment when I tried it the first time. PinkQuartz is a seriously stunning pink lip color, and it feels great on the lips.

Here's the lowdown on Cellular Luxe Lip Colour...

A variety of exquisite color and lip treatment in one, a tribute to lipstick, a woman’s favorite makeup product. Rich conditioning ingredients, including caviar extracts, hydrate and nourish, while high-quality pigments color and shine the lips.

I was able to snap some very late-afternoon swatch photos of Pink Quartz. You can see the exquisite pink shade and the shining effect as the sun bounced off my arm. It is not highly shiny in person. The color is relatively saturated, although it's not opaque. You can see through it to those arm veins in my second swatch photo.

My swatch photos were taken in front of various blossoms on my street - clearly with different light exposures since my arm is much darker in the top photo than it is below. In either, you'll see a glorious pink. It leans cool in tone. It was the perfect choice for me!

The best place to see La Prairie's lip colors is at a La Prairie counter. For those of you who can't get to a counter, La Prairie is available online. Have you tried Cellular Luxe Lip Colour?

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Laetitia said...

I have to second it. You phrased it so perfectly--La Prairie doesn't get the love it deserves! The makeup is as splendid as the skin care. And the pink quartz shade is another winner.

Have you tried the White Caviar lightening range? I've loved Sisley's whitening collection, but the new White Caviar hand cream is amazing.

time4beauty said...

Such a nice color:)

Snjohnson10 said...

Beautiful! I have not had a LP lipstick in years! Is this a new color to the line?
Stacy

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Laetitia!

I would love to try all the whitening collections, but I can't buy them all! Next up on my list is Shiseido.

Charlestongirl said...

I think so too, Time4beauty!

Charlestongirl said...

I don't think so, Stacy.

Christina said...

I never tried Sisley or La Prairie lipstick and now that I read your review, I think I want to buy La Prairie lipstick and see what they are like.

Thanks for the review!

lizzybee said...

It's really gorgeous. I've not personally experienced their cosmetics, per se, just their skin care products. The lipstick looks really really beautiful. Thank you for the swatches! xo Beth in Pgh ;-)

Mary Ann said...

I believe it may be the the price of LaPraire, but I also think they do not come out with new color collections very often. I bought the winter eyeshadow quad last yr and a very pretty red gloss. I also have a lippie in a beautiful coral shade. I actually used it to the end of the tube. The Pink Quartz is a pretty shade to try.

Charlestongirl said...

Christina, I've got a new Sisley one to show you later today! Just need to get the photos mid-day. The sun is out!

Charlestongirl said...

Beth, they are definitely pricey, but oh so luxurious.

Charlestongirl said...

Absolutely true, Mary Ann, and they spend a lot more money marketing their skin care than their color intros.

LP's skin care is excellent, but I cannot afford to buy all of it to test it (and subsequently review it).

I do have a tinted moisturizer I purchased last year that I should show y'all.

Christina said...

Thank you! I went to a VIP shopping night and La Prairie had testers available. SA put on a pink with hint of coral on my lips. The staying power is good so far and non drying. I might get this over Chanel Summer 2012 release.
I am glad that posted your review on La Prairie. Next, I want to try their loose powder. The testers was not available, so I didn't buy tonight :(