Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Weekend Trip around the Internet

I am so far behind on blog reading, I decided to take a trip around the beauty-sphere. I'll take you along with me. Isn't that rose pretty? When my David Austin roses start to bloom, I'm always in heaven.

My friend The Non-Blonde liked the new Edward Bess Illuminating Eye Base as much as I did. She has swatches of two shades, along with a view of eye shadows placed over them. Check out her feature! Plus, you've got to check out fat cat at her Saturday post.

I'm totally behind the curve on shopping. The Beauty Look Book can show you swatches of the new Le Métier de Beauté Haute House nail and lip collection that's exclusive to Neiman Marcus. By Ken Downing, of course. I bought the glosses. If the sun ever makes an appearance here (it didn't today), I'll get photos.

Some of you were chatting about Burberry's Sheer Summer Glow on The Friday Forum. See it at Café Makeup.

Time4Beauty got her hands on Dior's 1 Coulour Eye Gloss from the Croisette  Collection. It's very pretty, but I think I'm going to pass. The rest of the collection wowed me.

Makeup artist and beauty connoisseur Pati Dubroff shared her expert advice with Fab over Forty.

You a M·A·C lover? Check out the Casual Coleur Collection for Summer 2012 at Chic Profile.

I adore lily of the valley fragrances. Daly Beauty wrote a nice feature to celebrate the nodding white flowers for May.

Interested in the equestrian lifestyle? DivaDebbi has the scoop in an interesting interview.

How's this for original? Messy Wands recreated the mystery lipstick she saw at Pinterest.

Olfactoria's Travels featured Amourage Beloved this week. It appears to contain a symphony of notes. I need to sample that one!

Product Girl awarded its VIP of the week to Becca's Dusty Rose Anniversary Palette. It looks very pretty.

Rouge Deluxe wrote a lovely, flower-filled tribute to a lost friend. Beautiful!

I made my way through most - not all - of my blog list, but didn't get much further. Time to snap a few photos outdoors. I see the sun trying to peek out.

Photo by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

time4beauty said...

Thanks! I've found some new links here)))

I think I'd like to get 5-color palettes from Dior and I've already purchased Guerlain Meteorities. And that is all from summer. Not too much.

Charlestongirl said...

Sometimes, it doesn't take "too much" to make us happy. :)

Today, it took me a lot. Came home with a treasure trove from NM.

Haru said...

Thanks for the link! I love seeing the shots from your garden as well :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks much, Haru!

time4beauty said...

What did you get? :)

Charlestongirl said...

It will all spill out this week and next. I love the element of surprise. :)

time4beauty said...

Can't wait)))
May be you could give some hints?