Saturday, May 5, 2012

Estée Lauder Pure Color Gloss in New Sequins Finish - Swatched

Estée Lauder has introduced its Pure Color Gloss in a new, limited-edition Sequins ($22.50) finish. Six sensational shades are available in one brilliant finish, providing the ultimate color payoff - a new dimension in hyper-shine lip color. I featured them on Monday. You can find more information here. It doesn't make sense to me to repeat everything I was able to tell you Monday.

Bright lips are fun and bold. The extremely metallic lacquered gloss feels like a two-in-one, creating saturated color for high-impact lips that make a big impression. - Tom Pecheux, Creative Makeup Director, Estée Lauder

I purchased four shades, and I love every one of them. These glosses offer shiny saturated color that lasts - really lasts. They are amazing! My first clue to their staying power came after swatching. I couldn't wash them off my arm with soap and water. Woah! What gloss is that tenacious?

As a pink and plum lover, I purchased those shades (out of six available). They are shown above, left to right, in the order listed below.
  • Cosmic Pink (03)
  • Fuschia Vibes (04)
  • Violet Rain (05)
  • Purple Passion (06)
I think they are gorgeous. I swatched them in the same order, top to bottom, on my arm and took my photos in full sun.


Cosmic Pink is shown at the top. Wow! It's a pretty, pure pink with a punch that says, "Focus on my lips!" Fuschia Vibes (spelled incorrectly by EL, I believe), is a dark fuchsia that almost borders on rosy red.

The brilliant Violet Rain is a blue pink - not really violet - with silver accents. The Web site swatches are really good for these glosses. I had to have Purple Passion, the swatch that pops up when you go to Estée Lauder's Web site. The purple with golden flecks captured my imagination. It's even better than I expected. Look at the shining mauve!

Because these new lip glosses from Estée Lauder are limited editions, order or purchase soon. I can see them selling out quickly. Who doesn't love to swipe and go?  With the Sequins, you'll get it all: pure intense color and brilliant shine that lasts a very long time. I'm gushing.

These Estée Lauder Pure Color Gloss in the new Sequins finish is available at Estée Lauder counters if you want to see them in person. I found them online at the Estée Lauder Web siteNordstrom, and other retailers, so I ordered online. They arrived quickly.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Love mine! I purchased the honey shade...one of the shades u haven't! I really like it alone &/or over any lipstick. I think EL should consider having this finish as part of their permanent gloss collection! The finish is to die for!!!

lov2read68 said...

I so appreciate that you do swatches! I wouldn't have given Purple Passion another glance. Fuchsia Vibes & Violet Rain are right up my alley colorwise! From the swatch I think Purple Passion would be a great addition as well!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Victoria,

So do I! Why make a blockbuster gloss limited?

Charlestongirl said...

Lovetoread, I wanted to kick up my heels when I tried Purple Passion!

Don't you think it's interesting that they misspelled Fuchsia in their product name? So, of course, to name it correctly, I had to follow suit.

Charlestongirl said...

Love2read, and clearly I wish to change your name! :)

EllenB. said...

After seeing this on your blog, I had to have the gloss in Violet Rain. Ordered from Lauder's website and it just came today. I absolutely love it. the color just blew me away when I first swiped it on my lips. after eating a meal it is still there (i am careful while eating but usually glosses never last thru a meal!) Thanks for reviewing this wonderful gloss!