Sunday, September 30, 2012

Giorgio Armani Cosmetics Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Palette in #3, Pantelleria

Giorgio Armani's new Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Palettes ($59) are said to offer the perfect matte with the perfect satin - the perfect match between colors and textures. I wasn't at all sure about that "perfect matte," but when I saw the palettes, I bought five - without hesitating.  Today, I start featuring them with #3, Pantelleria.

Armani offers innovation in the formulation of the new Eyes to Kill powder eye shadows: "an instant matte and intense formula that melds perfectly with a satin, pearly veil producing amplified light effects. Irresistible with its extremely soft, sensory appeal, the eye shadow arms the eyes with a flawless allure all day long."

Elegance - as essential in makeup as it is in fashion - the unparalleled strength of Giorgio Armani is to choose the right texture for each color. He gives color a substance that enhances it. Each finely crafted color is unique: always wearable, while retaining its own character - and each color flatters every skin tone and signs its style.

A palette of four harmonious colors instinctively follows the natural approach to eye makeup. From the light, luminous top of the eyelid to the saturated, deep lash line, colors and textures mix and layer endlessly and glide on effortlessly for impeccable results.

There is new technology behind these eye shadows. I described it in a coming attraction for the new shadows, so check it out at this link.

The first of these palettes I have chosen to feature is Pantelleria (#03), shown at the top of this feature. I knew I was going to love it, and I do. It reminds me of Armani clothing I wear - pieces that I will have forever in shades that are blends of green, taupe, and greige.

Pantelleria offers a gradation of ligh-infused faded to deep brown-greens - the sun's influence on colors. King of half-tone neutrals, Giorgio Armani introduces "vreige," halfway between green tenderness and Armani's beige glow. it's the new greige. It transforms and turns into a dewy celadon, as a slight echo to nature's exuberance. A bright sage green brings light with silver and gold reflections and ends with an intense matte khaki liner, like Mediterranean meadow grass at the end of summer.

I took my swatch photos in full sun, and I used a sponge-tipped applicator to apply each shade heavily. I swatched heavily on my arm from top to bottom in the compact.

These shades are like gossamer silk - sheer and luxurious. There is a luminosity to the shades that I wasn't expecting from Armani's descriptions of satin and matte finishes. The liner at the bottom of each compact is matte, but the other shades are luminous, varying in finish from soft satin to subtly shimmering.

The shimmering light champagne shade at the top of Pantelleria is as pretty as it gets. Contrast it with a veil of turquoise or deepen it with taupe. Either way, you eyes will enchant. The grey isn't a simple grey. It's a shade clearly selected to complement the other shades in the palette.

When I look at the colors in Pantelleria, I see the sheer silks of blouses and jackets by Armani, with colors so fine, they transcend fashion. They are timeless expressions of the elegance of a woman's body. So too are the shades in this beautiful eye palette.

I was surprised to see the new Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Palettes at Saks when I shopped there last week. I expected them to arrive in stores in early November. As I mentioned in the comments of another feature, I bought five - to start. It wouldn't surprise me if I end up with all of them. I will continue to show you the colors as I get time to photograph them.

If your favorite Armani counter doesn't have the new eye shadows yet, call call Giannina Davis or anyone at Armani at Saks Fifth Avenue (where I purchased mine). The counter just moved, and I don't know if they kept their old extension. So, call (301) 657-9000, when you get the recording dial zero, then ask for Armani Cosmetics.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo, I think that's an appropriate reaction. Maybe double wow would have worked better. See why you needed this one?

Eileen said...

This is even more beautiful than the promo picture you had a short while back. It's simply gorgeous, Charlestongirl, and will look fantastic on you. This is definitely going on my list of things to purchase. It reminds me a bit of Guerlain's Écrin 6 Couleus in Rue de Sèvres (taupes and aqua). Guerlain did an exceptional job of creating neutral colors that all echoed and reinforced the aqua theme of the palette. It appears that Armani has done the same thing with a palette that leans green. So sophisticated! So elegant! It sounds like the formulation is also a real winner. I can hardly wait to see your swatches from the other palettes that you got :-)

By the way, my son convinced me I needed an avatar so I'm using Bobby, our little female Husky. As you can see, she has perfected the smoky eye!

Charlestongirl said...

Very cute avatar, Eileen! I want to hug her.

The colors in all the palettes are extraordinary. So much prettier than the pre-release press photos! I may have to hoard #3, even though it will be around for awhile.

Eileen said...

And she'd want to hug you, too :-) Huskies in general are a friendly, happy lot, but Bobby is particularly affectionate. She loves to cuddle.

Charlestongirl said...

Before you'd know it, Eileen, I would want a Husky. We had one, Chookie, when I was very small. He loved to roam, so my parents had to give him to someone with a lot of land. An acre wasn't enough for him.

Sethakins said...

this looks beautiful! i'm seriously considering going in to swatch this beauty. don't know if you received my tweet but I just wanted to thank you again for recommending Georgia at Saks Chevy. I made sure to mention you! I snagged one of the few notorious j.c. blushes she had left, so excited to receive it!


thanks again!

xoxo
Seth

morelikespace said...

*thud* ok, I have to say this was the one I was most interested in, but still... even prettier than I'd dared hope.

Liz said...

Holy cow! Stunning!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Seth,

I think I missed that tweet. Glad you could get Chanel Notorious! You can chisel those adorable cheeks. :)

Charlestongirl said...

I laughed, Kate, when I read "thud." :)

Charlestongirl said...

Yep, Liz, stunning! This is a must-have.

bisbee said...

This one looks gorgeous...I may just pull the trigger. I love light greeny/turquoise shades - they make my green to hazel eyes pop much greener!

Charlestongirl said...

Bisbee,

It's beyond gorgeous. We need a word like supercalifragilisticexpealidocious.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

You said it ALL!! lol...

Jo said...

This is astoundingly beautiful! WOW! How are you wearing it CG?

Angela C said...

I hope you'll be doing a review of Boudoir (#6)! That one looks like it has the warmest colors.