Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Chantecaille 24 Hour Waterproof Eye Liner

A friend took me to lunch at the mall, so I had the perfect opportunity to swatch Chantecaille's new 24 Hour Waterproof Eye Liners ($26). They are nice! The colors are pretty, and once they are applied, they are indestructible. Really, I tried. I rubbed, washed, and otherwise abused my test lines, and they stayed put.

The 24 Hour Waterproof Eye Liners (I so want to punctuate "24 Hour") are extremely long-lasting and easy to apply. The creamy texture glides across the lash line effortlessly, with no tugging. I was very pleased with how creamy they are. The eye-enhancing pigments can create a subtle natural eye or complement a sultry smoky eye with lasting definition.The Chantecaille rep was wearing Ebony, and her liner looked fabulous.

This liner comes in three shades: Oolong, a burnished bronze (and my favorite); Orchid, an exotic purple; and Ebony, a dramatic black. I swatched them on my arm in that order, top to bottom. I swatched lightly, drawing a single line once, with no touch-up. I got a little messy with the black one - my fail, not the liner's. My photos were taken in full, mid-afternoon sun.

Oolong, the shimmering bronze at the top of my arm went on my must-have list. I'm not a purple-on-the-eyes fan, but if I were, I'd want Orchid too. The color is luscious. The black Ebony is intense.

Chantecaille says these new liners will last for 24 hours, and I believe it. They are waterproof, which I tested, and set quickly for flawless color. That's a nice option for anyone who needs a waterproof eyeliner. They do remove "relatively" easily with an oily eye makeup remover.

Chantecaille's 24 Hour Waterproof Eye Liners are available at Chantecaille counters (I was at Neiman Marcus) and on Chantecaille's Web site. Interested?

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

17 comments:

Soni said...

Ooooo, you're right!! Oolong is gorgeous!! Normally I'm not big on purple liner...but that's actually a nice subtle purple. It's not a screamer, if you know what I mean. I think both of those are going on my "must buy" list. I sense a trip to Nordstrom in my near future. Thank you for the beautiful swatches!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Love your blog!!! I have a question about the eyeshadows/blushes that are on the Chantecaille display behind the eyeliners. Are these new colors?? Thanks!

Eileen said...

Hi Anonymous,

For the Mediterranean Island collection Olivia is wearing Flax, Marigold, and Pyrite. None of those are new. I don't know what the other colors are that were put in the display, but Chantecaille hasn't released any new singles lately so I would imagine they're repromotes, too.

wendy said...

looking at the display, could you please tell me if the top and bottom first colors are the new creme blushes? if you look on neiman marcus' website, they tell you exactly what olivia is wearing. will you be swatching the lip colors? neiman's says the shade is sardinia with a spf? do you know what the other 2 are? thanky! xo.

Charlestongirl said...

It is a subtle purple, Soni, but I adore Oolong.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

I will cover them ASAP. The new-ish eye colors came out just a few months ago. They are not re-promotes. I have confirmed with Chantecaille. It was a stealth intro.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

Flax is new by about two months. I have confirmed it. I will feature it tomorrow, with luck and sunshine. I adore it.

Charlestongirl said...

Wendy, the eye shadows are mostly new. The cream blushes are definitely not. Nor are the lip colors. I am trying to get more info, but am told the new cream blushes will be out "mid-summer," which is a significant push-back from earlier PR.

Joey said...

Whoa, that is a BLACK black! Need it. A good, true black waterproof pencil is the unicorn of the makeup world. The Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 pencil lasts all of 24.7 seconds, and the Chanel Stylo is black enough, and waterproof enough, but doesn't apply well to the waterline/lower lashline. This Chantecaille liner looks creamy enough for that.

Stop making me want things, CG! I have a plane ticket I need to be saving up for ;)

Claire said...

I adore all 3!! The Ebony looks very deep. Do you think this is soft enough for me to transfer onto a liner/push brush and do tight-lining with? That's how I use most of my pencils nowadays, I just lightly brush my eyeliner brush (similar to MAC 266) onto the lead and use it for tightlining. Thanks for the coverage, CG!

Charlestongirl said...

All,

When I return from my mid-day appointment, I will give you the scoop on the new eye shadows, which came out about three weeks ago.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Oh no, what have you done, CG?! I MUST have Oolong and Orchid--they are sooo gorgeous! I really like the muted quality of Orchid--it's very different from other purple liners I've seen out there! :D

Charlestongirl said...

Uber-gorgeous, Becca.

Charlestongirl said...

Where are you going, Joey? You just returned!

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, Claire, it is very soft. Glides right on. Give a tester a try if you can.

teadivamuse said...

Hi CG,

You're the only one to do a comprehensive review of these. Anyone who's tried these, please report if they are safe to use on for tightlining/waterline and how the longevity is? I can imagine a gorgeous subtle look using black to tightline with either the Oolong (isn't that a splendid name; I love tea!) or the purply one as a regular liner.

Sara said...

Teadivamuse,
I have sensitive/dry eyes and am always using natural tears drops. Therefore most eyeliners will have run by the end of my shifts at work and I will have smudging. However this one (I bought oolong after seeing this post) does not budge! It also wears well in my waterline which is sensitive to most other liners. Every other pencil eyeliner I have tried will end up running, the next best ones for me are the chanel stylo eyeliners. This oolong eyeliner is not hard to remove either.
Sara