Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bobbi Brown Neons & Nudes Collection for Spring 2012

The most modern way to wear bright color is as an accent on an otherwise neutral face. - Bobbi Brown

The Neons & Nudes Collection features a unique pairing of bright, neon colors balanced by soft nudes and neutrals. Selecting from the collection, you can pair a soft, nude eye with a neon lip or a bright eye with a nude lip, depending on your mood.

The limited-edition Ultra Nude Eye Palette ($45) is a fabulous way to start with a pretty, neutral eye. It's the centerpiece of the collection and features six classic shades that will flatter everyone. Pair any of the shades with a bright lip, and you'll achieve "fresh, effortless cool." This beautiful palette is on my wish list.

  • Stone Eye Shadow
  • Chino Eye Shadow
  • Pink Chandelier Metallic Eye Shadow
  • Praline Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow
  • Champagne Truffle Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow
  • Cocoa Berry Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow
Three limited-edition Lip Colors and three new glosses will provide a pop to your look.

Two super-vibrant Lip Colors ($23) and one neutral are made with a blend of beeswax and vitamins E and C for comfortable, hydrating wear. Atomic Orange, Neon Pink, and Uber Beige look fun.

The gorgeous, sheer, and super-shiny Lip Glosses ($23) will add the dazzle to your look. Citrus, Cosmic Pink, and Ultra Violet will perfectly complement the new Lip Colors.

Tired of the neutral eye? Bobbi's got you covered with hot new Eye Shadows ($21). These eye-popping shades will create a playful look when paired with a nude lip. Ultra Violet Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow, shown at the top at right, is Bobbi's favorite shade to use on the runway and off. Bluebell Eye Shadow is sure to draw attention to your eyes. I haven't seen these shades yet, but knowing Bobbi Brown, they will be sheer and wearable.

There's more! Two new Blushes ($24) will give your face a lift.These two universally flattering shades, Nude Peach and Nude Pink, are muted shades when applied, designed to leave the focus on either the eyes or lips - your choice.

Last, but not least, there's a new, limited-edition Ink Liner ($24) that offers the precise, dramatic look of liquid liner to easily define the eye. The slanted, flexible felt-tip applicator releases rich pigment in one simple stroke (or dotted into the base of the lashes). Since the formula is long-wearing, there will be no need to re-apply throughout the day.

The Neons & Nudes Collection has already started to arrive at stores. It should be available this month at all Bobbi Brown counters, and it's already available at www.bobbibrown.com.

Update: At Bobbi Brown's Web site, enter code NEON12 and receive a mini Bobbi to Go set with your $100 order. The offer is valid through January 6.

Photos courtesy of Bobbi Brown

15 comments:

Rola said...

I saw the display at Nordstrom's yesterday. The colors are very vibrant and bright. I am definitely more into the nude shades, the neon colors are too much for me.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Rola,

I'd head over to Nordstrom tomorrow if Neiman Marcus still doesn't have the collection. I think those glosses and the eye palette look right up my alley. I'd also like to try the nude Lip Color.

Once I see all the pieces, I may have to add to that list. That kind of thing has a way of happening to me. :)

Eileen said...

Chanel is also doing a summer look that centers around burnished neutrals and golds for eyes and face with a pop of vibrant color on the lips. It's so "West Coast" :-) I'm sure the looks by Bobbi and Chanel will be embraced whole-heartedly here in So Cal.

lovethescents said...

I love the look! It makes beautiful sense to pair a vibrant lippie with a neutral eye. I have several 'loud' lipsticks in my collection (cue Clarins's Rouge Prodige in Clementine). I usually reach for it in the summer when I'm sunkissed. Do you really think I could do it with my paler, sallow, winter colour?? I'm fascinated :-)

lola seicento said...

I saw these the other day at Macys. It was all gorgeous. I did find the individual eye shadows, and the two blushes to be quite stiff and patchy in application-- which I find odd for Bobbi Brown (while often expected with MAC LE Collections). Perhaps it was just these particular testers. I did find the lipsticks and the glosses to be wonderful. I didn't buy anything because I was in a rush, but really liked what I saw with the lippies.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, I saw the collection today at Nordies. Broke down and went looking for it. I didn't find any of the eye shades to be gold, per se, but the lip glosses and blushes were VERY nice.

I think those Lip Colors will be just the thing in SoCal. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, Lovethescents!

Now is the time for a pop of color - in the dread of winter, what could be more refreshing? Just go easy, adding only one pop to the face. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lola,

I liked the blushes a lot. The two vibrant eye shadows were just a bit too much for my fair-skin, pale face. The lips, though, were fantastic!

Honestly, I didn't try to apply the two vibrant eye colors. I swatched on my hand and decided they were made for another face.

lov2read68 said...

That pink blush is gorgeous! The eye palette is calling to me - I've loved BB palettes for a long time! This one has one of my favorite colors from the Chocolate Palette from several years back.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I noticed that a lot of the jewelry that is coming out for Spring/Summer is neon colored (as are the popular and ubiquitous Cambridge Satchels), so I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of it. I think I can make it work with my neutrals and knowing Bobbi, it will be wearable!

Sherry B. said...

Love the shadows!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi lov2read68!

Nude Pink is actually prettier in person than it is in the promo photos! If the sun comes out, I can get swatch photos. The Beauty Look Book has some now.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal!

Bobbi seldom disappoints. I was sure I wasn't going to buy the blushes (because I'm swimming in Bobbi blushes), but sure enough, I had to have both of them!

Charlestongirl said...

Which ones, Sherry? The palette? Very pretty! The bolder shades are not me, but I know they will have an audience.

Daly Beauty said...

Wow. I just love this collection. I never wear brights but pairing one bright item with a neutral face has me tempted! Those candy glosses are gorg. My daughter got the eyeliner & I'm pretty sure I will be heading back to get one for myself. LOVE. They make me think of summery sun....and maybe the 80s...just a bit ;-)