Monday, January 23, 2012

Clarins Gloss Prodige Intense Colour & Shine Lip Gloss from the Colour Breeze Collection for Spring 2012

The Clarins Colour Breeze look for Spring 2012 is all about pretty. The display is stunning, and the makeup matches the promised look. There were eight lip glosses on the new display. I struggled to select "only two" of the new Gloss Prodige Intense Colour and Shine Lip Gloss shades ($20). Every one of the eight was desirable.

Gloss Prodige is a new generation, non-sticky gloss formula from Clarins that delivers mirror-like shine, intense color, and long-lasting color. It makes the lips look smooth, full, and luscious with saturated color.

Here are my selections: #04, Candy, on the left and #01, Chocolate, on the right. I really liked #07, Blackberry, and may have to go back to Bloomingdale's for it. The shades range from light nude to dark berry. There's something for everyone.

Fortunately, I got swatch photos in full sun last week when we could still see the sun. Candy is shown at the top of my arm, with Chocolate below. Candy is a medium-intensity rose pink that I can wear without lipstick underneath. Chocolate is a rose-brown. It leans even more rose on my lips, with their own rose pigmentation, than it does on my arm. I've always liked brown-toned lip colors, so Chocolate (with its tempting name) was one of the first shades I tested in the store.

The ultra-shine of Gloss Prodige is luminous - lip glosses that earn their "gloss" name. They add a glassy look to the lips. They wear extremely well. I love the tubes; I don't have to guess to find the shade I need. The only thing I would change is the taste. They remind me of fruit-flavored lip butters. The flavor is strong on application - not obnoxious if you like berries or Popsickles, but very noticeable. I'm getting used to it.

The spring collection has arrived at the Clarins counter at Bloomingdale's and is also available at the Bloomingdale's Web site and at Nordstrom. It's available at Macy's and should be available at Saks. I'm surprised that it's still not available at the Clarins Web site. Hopefully, you'll be able to see it there soon.

I have one more piece from the Color Breeze Collection to show you: a knockout lipstick. Soon! I did get photos last week.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Unknown said...

waiting for the knockout lip product

Unknown said...

p.s:i never like flavored glosses

nikki said...

Gorgeous!!!! You have such great taste! I have never tried a Clarins gloss before. I actually have never tried Clarins at all, but will be getting vitamin pink any time now. You were my influence to buy that!

Tinkerbell said...

wow i love the one that the model's wearing!! so pretty!! :-*

lovethescents said...

Interesting....certainly more affordable than other HE lip products. Do you find these moisturizing?

Charlestongirl said...

Published early tomorrow, Mahwish. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Nikki! Take a look at the sheer lipstick I'll post in the morning. Sweet!

Charlestongirl said...

Tinkerbelle, just a guess, but I think she is wearing the light pink gloss.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents! Yes! Very hydrating for the entire length of wear. Creamy delight.