I bought seven shades a few weeks ago - all six new ones and a refresher tube of the iconic Black Honey. Think I like the formula? I hadn't seen the new shades in person (they appeared at Clinique online before I saw them at Neiman Marcus). I couldn't choose, so I ordered all of them. I knew how sheer and wearable they'd be. One of these lovely shades will go into my handbag, one will go in my bathroom, and the rest will rotate in as I need them. I'm set for a few years.
Here are all my new Almost Lipsticks. My photos were taken in full, afternoon sun. The shades on my arm are listed below, from top to bottom.
- Black Honey (#06) - Clinique's signature shade, described as deep, blackened raisin
- Tender Honey (#35) - very sheer nude
- Chic Honey (#35) - marvelous mauve
- Luscious Honey (#37) - baby pink
- Lovely Honey (#38) - warm pink
- Spicy Honey (#40) - pink with a touch of peach
- Flirty Honey (#41) - baby pink, very similar to Luscious Honey
It feels great on the lips (better than balm) because it's emollient-rich and very lightweight. It works its magic without any stickiness or tackiness. The bullets are soft, ensuring that the color glides onto the lips effortlessly. Almost Lipstick belongs in my genius category. The shades are perfect for spring's transparent looks. Given the $15 price tag, everyone can afford to try one.
I bought my latest fix online at Clinique. All the new shades are now on a display at your favorite Clinique counter.
Photo at top courtesy of Clinique; other photos by Best Things in Beauty