Saturday, January 28, 2012

Clinique Almost Lipstick - New Shades

Clinique's legendary Almost Lipstick ($15) is available in six new shades. Almost Lipstick merges transparent pigment with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone. It's sheer, glossy, and gorgeous.

I bought seven shades a few weeks ago - all six new ones and a refresher tube of the iconic Black Honey. Think I like the formula? I hadn't seen the new shades in person (they appeared at Clinique online before I saw them at Neiman Marcus). I couldn't choose, so I ordered all of them. I knew how sheer and wearable they'd be. One of these lovely shades will go into my handbag, one will go in my bathroom, and the rest will rotate in as I need them. I'm set for a few years.

Here are all my new Almost Lipsticks. My photos were taken in full, afternoon sun. The shades on my arm are listed below, from top to bottom.
  • Black Honey (#06) - Clinique's signature shade, described as deep, blackened raisin
  • Tender Honey (#35) - very sheer nude
  • Chic Honey (#35) - marvelous mauve
  • Luscious Honey (#37) - baby pink
  • Lovely Honey (#38) - warm pink
  • Spicy Honey (#40) - pink with a touch of peach
  • Flirty Honey (#41) - baby pink, very similar to Luscious Honey

The sun's rays bounce off the shades in full sun. Indoors they provide a soft tint and shine that make your lips look naturally pretty. I think that's why Moms everywhere let their young pre-teens wear Almost Lipstick. I've never grown out of it - probably never will.

It feels great on the lips (better than balm) because it's emollient-rich and very lightweight. It works its magic without any stickiness or tackiness. The bullets are soft, ensuring that the color glides onto the lips effortlessly. Almost Lipstick belongs in my genius category. The shades are perfect for spring's transparent looks. Given the $15 price tag, everyone can afford to try one.

I bought my latest fix online at Clinique. All the new shades are now on a display at your favorite Clinique counter.

Photo at top courtesy of Clinique; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to get Luscious Honey and Chic Honey!!

Charlestongirl said...

How could you choose two, Tracy?

Elysse said...

They look so pretty! I can't choose which ones to get, though... I hope they become part of their permanent line:)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Odyssey,

While they aren't listed as being limited, Clinique rotates the Almost Lipsticks in and out. I'm not sure why. You can't go wrong with any of these colors because of their sheerness. Go for it!

Victoria said...

how pretty, I think i will have to get either Luscious or Flirty.

Thanks for the review!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Victoria! I hope you like these slim beauties as much as I do.