Sunday, January 15, 2012

Giorgio Armani Beauty Spring 2012 Collection Lands with Heart-Stopping Beauty

Hubba-hubba! When I'm speechless, I tend to revert to slang. "Hubba-hubba" was the term that sprang to mind when I saw the tester of one of Giorgio Armani Beauty's two new eye palettes at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria today. "Hubba-hubba" is an expression of approval, excitement, and/or pleasure in the South. To some it means, "What a sexy lady!" Either usage applies here.

Armed with my trusty camera, I took a photo of the palette at a well-lighted counter, swatched it, then dashed outside, coatless in the cold, to get a few swatch photos. I'll have more to show you once the for-sale product arrives, and this palette, along with the rest of the collection, is mine. For now, take a look at the four shades on my arm.

Friends, if you want one of these palettes, call your Giorgio Armani Beauty counter soon. This one's going to sell out. Mark my words.

Gold, silver, copper (rose gold?), and bronze - these shades dazzle. I swatched them with in-store sponge-tipped applicators Erin helped me find, and I went outside to find some greens for a backdrop in sunlight.

This palette offers all my favorite shimmering shades in one compact. It was love at first sight. Giorgio Armani's concept for spring beauty is characterized by "metal fiber" and "modern couture" - inspired by his love of light and its effect on color. Armani continues his focus on avant garde textile artistry by embellishing delicate natural fiber with refined metal, transforming simplicity into future refinement in makeup. Linda Cantello has interpreted Mr. Armani's vision into a new landscape of metal where gold takes center stage and gemstone-cut colors define the face of the "Armani woman."

The rest of the collection is just as exciting. If you want to see my preview from the fall, just click here. I want to swatch it here - at home - with lighting conditions I've mastered and products that are mine. Until then...

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful pallette!!! and, this seems the most wearable of all spring collections so far!! thankyou very much for the awesome review, as always!!! next saturday is the big guerlain event. but, pamela morgan (oh my, is that her name, i can't remember) is not coming. i booked an appointment immediately when you wrote highly of her. have you heard of tony naaman? he will be doing my makeup. xo to you!! p.s. there's no armani beaute where i live!! i'm calling kathy and mentioning fabulous you!!

Style de Nude said...

Must. Have.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, ProductDoctor! That about sums it up (other than hubba-hubba). :)

Leigh said...

Oh, that's just gorgeous. Charlestongirl, do you think this palette isn't too warm for me?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous!

Tony has never done my makeup. So sorry you won't get to see Pamela (that is her name). She's wonderful. I'm sure you'll have fun!

I'll tell Kathy to watch for your call. You can also try her cell: 571-212-8399. She should be at work at 10:00 EST.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Leigh! Nope! Not for me, so it won't be too warm for you either. It may warm you up a bit. :)

Liz said...

HOLY CRAP.

If the one that *didn't* interest me much inspires this much lust in my heart, I can't wait to see the other one.

Nemo said...

What's the name of this palette? I want it, but I want to know what to have Kathy save me. Lovely! Will be a great one for blue eyes!

...OBSESSIONS to LIVE FOR... said...

haha I love that you ran outside to take some swatch pictures.. a true beauty blogger!! =) I'm excited about this palette after seeing this post!
xx
Bethany

Dovey said...

What a comprehensive collection of all the major precious metals! This seems like something that would work well into summer.

Charlestongirl said...

Liz, the other is entirely different...filled with spring pastels. It's pictured in the preview feature link.

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, I forget! Just tell her you want the one the rest of us want. Kathy thinks the for-sale product is arriving today. Erin said that's not a sure thing.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bethany! I wasn't leaving there without a photo memory! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dovey,

I think this is a year-round palette. Season won't ever stop me from wearing these gorgeous metals!

Northerngirl said...

Beautiful pallette! I'm off to the city this morning, then off to Punta Cana for a few weeks. I'm going to have to stop at the Chanel and Armami counter before I leave.
Have a wonderful Monday and a fantastic week,

Yelena said...

They have whole collection ,exept for one pencil on armani site.I ordered 2 pallets,blush,pencil i 2 glosses.Can't wait to get my stuff!;-) Love it!To me THE BEST spring collection out there!

nikki said...

Your blog is so wonderful, but it costs me money. LOL. I caved and ordered the blush. This will be my first Armani blush! Hope I love it. I also wanted the pastel looking eye palette, but told myself I have similar colors. We will see if I can keep resisting!

Charlestongirl said...

You too, Northerngirl! The collection is available online if you have access for shipping to the North.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Yelena,

Yep. I had hoped it would show at NM today, but it didn't. I've put in a huge pre-order. Love it all!

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Nikki! I think.

That blush is a hybrid of two of my favorite Armani blush shades, and I know I'm going to love it. I need two...or three...or, what the heck, a lotto win so I can buy all the stock.

Leigh said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Charlestongirl. It looks like such a classic palette. I've ordered it and the tourmaline blush off the Armani site.