Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Trish McEvoy Rose Gold Luminous Eye Shadow from the Resort 2012 Collection

Last week, I introduced Trish McEvoy's Resort 2012 Collection. Characterized by intense definition paired with a palette of warm sand-dune shadows, ocean-blue liner, and shimmering coral looks, the Resort Collection is as colorful as a Caribbean holiday in February.

I wasted no time in purchasing the Rose Gold Luminous Eye Shadow ($25) from the collection. This lustrous, luxuriously creamy, pigment-rich shadow offers pure luminous color with a velvety soft application for a smooth highlighting, contouring, and non-fading finish. Trish McEvoy's Luminous Eye Shadows are long-wearing, crease-resistant, and color-true. They can be applied dry or wet (I like dry) and sheer or layered, allowing you to control the color intensity and definition.

As a rose gold "collector" (I wear them too), I was thrilled to see that there was a new Rose Gold shade in the resort collection. I forgot (when I asked my sales associate at Neiman Marcus to purchase it for me) that it would come in a plastic container and was designed to be inserted into one of Trish's Makeup Planner Pages. I can't be bothered with those Planner Pages, so I'll keep it in the clear plastic in which it was supplied.

Here's a close-up shot of the gorgeous shade, taken in full sun. My swatch photos were also taken in full sun. I used a sponge-tipped applicator to apply Rose Gold heavily to my arm.

This Rose Gold is very bronze - less rose and more gold on my skin. I'm delighted with it because it extends my rose gold collection with a new, unique rose gold shade. It's entirely different from my Chantecaille Rose Gold (an established love). The finish of this new Trish McEvoy shadow shimmers, radiating light evenly without glitter. I think it's gorgeous.

Some of the shine in my swatch photos comes from the sun's reflection, but Rose Gold glows even in dim lighting. There's a video on Trish McEvoy's Web site that shows it being used in the crease and as an accent shade in the outer corner of the lid. I like to sweep across the whole lid. It lights up my entire face.

If you're also a rose gold groupie, you need this eye shadow. It's available at Trish McEvoy counters (for example, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and Bluemercury) and at the Trish McEvoy Web site.

Photo at top courtesy of Trish McEvoy; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

Little Red said...

How does it compare to Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Eye Shadow in Rose Gold?

Anonymous said...

Ooooh!!! Pretty! I'm a rose gold devotee also. Will need to check this one out!

Resham said...

beauty!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Little Red!

I'll have to pull that out to answer. Right now, I'm a bit disorganized.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Tracy! This shade should look great on you!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Resham...ditto!

Isla said...

I hate to add to requests, but I'd love to see it compared against Laura Mercier's Metallic Cream Shadow in Rose Gold!

Charlestongirl said...

I hate to disappoint all of you, but I started a new consulting project, and I'm not going to be able to respond to special requests for comparison shots. If you can get to a store, and the shades that interest you are still available, you'll be able to see much faster than I'll ever get to it. We aren't even predicted to have sunshine until mid-week next week!

Isla said...

Oh, ok! Sorry!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey, Isla - I'm sorry! I would LOVE to have the luxury of time right now. Makeup is so much more fun than working. :)

Actually, I don't think I even have the LM rose gold cream shadow. If I stumble across it, or if I can get the gals at the counter to swatch, I will.

Isla said...

Haha so I get to add to your shopping/swatching list! :) How many rose golds do you have (you mentioned a Chantecaille one, and someone else mentioned BB has one...)

Charlestongirl said...

Wish I knew, Isla! Before I had my knee surgery, I was slinging makeup into boxes to get it out of the way. I am glad I did - I had no trips and falls. My problem is that I never used the recuperation time to organize things properly after that. Someday, I must. There's a whole period of my life in those boxes. :)

Little Red said...

I was at NM today and checked this out. I would say it's more gold than rose in comparison the Bobbi Brown Rose Gold Shimmer Eye Shadow.

Charlestongirl said...

I found the BB Rose Gold Shimmer Wash, but need light to show y'all the differences. I agree with Little Red. The Trish shadow is more gold than the BB shade.