Monday, January 9, 2012

Dior Rouge Dior in Corolle Pink from the Garden Party Collection for Spring 2012

The beautiful Karlie Kloss is the face of Dior's Spring 2012 Garden Party Collection. She can wear the pretty pastel shades and looks like a beautiful swan in the pastel shades of lilac, pinks, greens, and soft greys. So far, I've purchased one piece from the collection, Rouge Dior Corolle Pink ($32.00), although I've got my eye out for Diorskin in Rosy Glow. Rosy Glow either sold out in a nanosecond, or it hasn't arrived at Neiman Marcus.

Dior had a passion for flowers and gardens, the inspiration for the Spring Garden Party Collection. Two new shades of Rouge Dior, Corolle Pink and Tulip Pink, add that spring pink touch for the lips. The soft blush tones of these two new shades are the perfect finishing touch for any spring look. I would have loved either, but selected Corolle Pink (#363), a light, sheer, baby pink with a subtle shimmer (named after the dolls, perchance?).

I took swatch photos in full sun, and I had to turn my arm slightly away from the direct sun to get photos that didn't blaze with shimmer and shine. Corolle Pink does shine on my lips, but not to the extent it did on my arm in full sun.

I hope you can see that the color is light pink with a silver shimmer. In the photo below, there's a more direct hit from the sun, and it reflects the sunlight perfectly. Corolle Pink is a beautiful spring shade for those whose lips don't have a lot of pigment. If your lips are dark, you'll be happier with the darker Tulip Pink. Even in my two photos here - same session, same swatch - you will see that with strong ambient light, the shade appears lighter than it does with less direct lighting.

The Garden Party Collection - mouthwateringly gorgeous on the display - is available at most Dior counters. It seems to me, from the features by other bloggers, that the Dior Vernis shades may be the collection's greatest hits. Check it all out for yourself to decide if there are any spring pastels you must have. I'll keep looking for that pink blush.

Photos at top courtesy of Dior and Nordstrom; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

15 comments:

Lady Flower said...

Lovely color ;)

Charlestongirl said...

I think so too, Lady Flower. :) I'm actually wearing it now, and it's the classiest thing I've got on. It matches my pink Ralph Lauren T-shirt perfect and feels nice and creamy on my lips.

Anahita said...

Hi. Your pictures are beautiful. Its such a pretty color. I also wanted to let you know that the blush is a Dior Boutique exclusive. I just ordered it from Massiel at the Palazzo shoppes in Las Vegas. What's great is the fact that its free ship and no tax. I have her number if you ever want to order. She's great and will give you any samples you might want.

Charlestongirl said...

Bingo! Anahita, I knew that once, but I slept since then. :)

If you will put her info here for anyone who might like it, that would be great! Thanks.

Unknown said...

I need a plain old "pink" lipstick! I'm ashamed to say the closest I have is Chanel Rouge Coco in Magnolia. That's the only true kind of lighter pink that I have and I don't really care for it's formula. This looks perfect!

Anahita said...

Her name is Massiel Cofino and her phone humber is 702-734-1102.You can also let her know that I recommended her. If anybody is interested, I'd call sooner rather than later because, when I placed my order, I was told there was only limited quantities.

Charlestongirl said...

Hope you like it, PP! You have to like light pink shades on your lips to wear Corolle Pink.

lovethescents said...

I tested this today at the shops, on my arm...I thought it was very pretty, only I was concerned my heavily pigmented lips might change the colour.....

Charlestongirl said...

Lovethescents, they might! Did you try Tulip Pink?

Rola said...

I picked up the Water Lily nail polish and one of the lipglosses. Can't wait to wear everything. I was not too into the eyeshadow colors even though the texture is amazing.

Evelyn said...

I was wondering about that blush too. While I think the eye palettes are very pretty, I don't feel that the colors work for me so much. But pink lipstick? I'll have to check that out. :) I did buy the Waterlily polish at least.

lovethescents said...

I did try the Tulip but it's very similar to something I already have :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Rola,

I think we are the majority on the eye shadow palettes. Gorgeous in the pan, perhaps less so on the eyelids?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn,

Those nail colors appear to be a huge hit. Glad you got one for spring nails. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

Then save up. The next thing (perhaps Armani or Chantecaille) will be along soon. :)