Monday, January 9, 2012

YSL Beauté Rouge Volupté Perle for the Spring 2012 Candy Face Collection

YSL Beauté's Spring 2012 Collection is called Candy Face, a perfect name for the bright hues, including yellow, red, blue, purple, and, of course, tangerine. The collection includes eye shadow palettes, gel blushes, lipsticks, lip glosses, and nail lacquers.

The creator of collection and YSL Makeup Creative Director Lloyd Simmonds described it as...

The gleam of an infinite profusion of dazzling fruit jellies, translucent raspberry, and wild strawberry, mandarin orange, melon, mango, and persimmon bring a gorgeous flush to the Yves Saint Laurent woman’s face. Her smile is as bright as shining sugared drops and syrups: shocking cherry, tangerine, grape, and pomegranate, crystallized rose petals, mint, and chocolate.

Is there any shade we left out? The moment I saw the four new Rouge Volupté Perle $34) shades, I know they would be mine. This YSL formula has been a super-hit (with me and many others) since its introduction in 2010. Called a Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick with SPF 15, Rouge Volupté Perle is just as popular as its award-winning sister, Rouge Volupté, if not more so. I called my sales associate at Neiman Marcus and asked her to get me all four. I'm as thrilled as I expected to be - with all of them.

The new shades are limited edition shades: 113, Iridescent Burgundy; 114, Sparkling Fuchsia; 115, Shimmering Coral; and 116, Milky Pink (I chose to use their English names). They are shown in that order, left to right, in both photos above, YSL's and mine.

My swatch photos were taken in full sun over the weekend. Today, we've had snow, which is melting as it hits the ground. The weather has been certifiably schizophrenic. I swatched in the same order listed above, top to bottom on my arm. There's a color for every taste.

Iridescent Burgundy at the top is a sheer rose red. Its sheerness makes it wearable - even by red phobes like me. Sparkling Fuchsia is bright rose pink. I suppose you could call it fuchsia, but it's more wearable than many blue-toned fuchsia shades. Shimmering Coral is our Pantone tangerine for spring - in a pastel tone. Almost every spring collection has some variation on tangerine. This one's light and luscious - extremely pretty. Even though I'm not normally attracted to orange tones, this one is stunning on the lips. If you think you can't wear that shade, please try it and let us know. I think it's going to be a star. Milky Pink is spring's pretty-in-pink shade. I could live in it. It has the same depth of color and radiance as Shimmering Coral, just in spring's other color story, pink.

This creamy and nourishing lipstick is enveloped in a luxurious gold case with the timeless YSL logo that speaks to its elegance. It makes my lips feel soft and supple instantly, while it drenches them in gorgeous color with a satiny-pearl finish.

The formula offers a perfect blend of nourishing and soothing ingredients with voluptuous pearls (transparent crystal pearls and colored pearls) that bless the lips with a subtle shine that’s utterly irresistible. I have lived in one of the original shades, Stellar Pink (#104), since its introduction. It's long-lasting on me, feels great, and offers perfect pink color. I think I've bought three of them! I never leave home without it. Now, I must decide which one of these new beauties will travel with me for spring. Any thoughts?

If you are a YSL addict like me, you should know that there's a lot more to see in the Candy Face collection. I'll try to publish photos of the rest of the stunning collection later today. I purchased the two glosses, and as soon as I can get swatch photos, I'll also show them to you.

The YSL Beauté Candy Face Collection has arrived at YSL counters. It's also available at YSL's Web site, where shipping is free right now.

By the way, if you see that there are also new Rouge Volupté Sheer Candy Shades (which set my heart ablaze momentarily), they are re-promoted shades.

Photos at top courtesy of YSL Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my ... this is love. I am heading to Nordstrom now to see if they are available. (And I just got 109, 110, and 112 before Christmas. YIKES!) :)

Charlestongirl said...

Glad you like them too! :)

time4beauty said...

The colors are very nice. The didn't look so good when I saw them in Sephora's electric light. I might reconsider and buy burgundy. Thx!

Charlestongirl said...

As you can tell, Time4Beauty, I'm thrilled with ALL of them. :)

Anonymous said...

That Milky Pink-OMG. WANT.

Charlestongirl said...

Tracy, if you want the pink, make sure to try both of them! Serious love here.

lovethescents said...

Ooooh, that shimmering Coral.....

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents!

The coral shade has to be the queen in a collection of royalty. I wore it all day today, as it snowed! It reminded me that winter will yield to a glorious spring.

Rola said...

I love YSL makeup. These lippies look amazing. I need to see them in person. Thanks.

Leigh said...

I'm especially excited about the coral, as I love orange lips but have a hard time finding a shade that works for me. Really, with all the tangerine this spring season, I should be able to find one or two!

lov2read68 said...

The burgandy & fuschia are stunning!

Lisa said...

Thanks for this post! What beautiful colors! I love them all! Can't wait to place my order! All 4 colors look as though they could be described as sheers. Would you agree?

Lulu said...

Iridescent Burgundy looks amazing! I was a little prejudiced, now I'll try it)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Rola,

I have some comments to catch up with, starting with yours. :)

Definitely go look. I love this formula, and these colors are all beautiful for me. Hope you like them too.

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, Leigh, it's now or never. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi lov2read68! I sure like them - hope you do too. They give me some color, a plus.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lisa,

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I think they are all sheer, even the darkest.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lulu,

What "prejudiced" you? Did you think it was opaque, and, therefore, dark-dark?

Lisa said...

Perfect!

Nawi said...

I had never tried these lipsticks before but I but the coral one, I totally agree with you normally I cannot wear a orange/coral lipstick but this one looks great its a beautiful pinkish coral, I but the 50 gloss as well looks great on top of this! thanks for posting.

Nawi said...

I love this lipstick formula so much I end up buying milking pink as well! And the packing is gorgeaus too, so luxerous! I now know what you mean when you say you could live in this colour it makes me happy when wearing it !