Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Treatment Foundation - New and Exciting

There's a new Bobbi Brown foundation: Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Treatment Foundation ($52). It's a foundation for dry skin that gives the skin a beaming-from-within glow and provides a flawless, airbrushed look. I love the idea, and now that I've worn my generous sample, I love the foundation. I see a purchase ahead.

Bobbi Brown distinguishes this beautiful new foundation by its light-reflecting formula. In contrast to traditional light-scattering substrates, Luminous Moisturizing Treatment Foundation does not contain conventional pearls. It was developed with the use of technology that, like crystals, reflects light, making the skin look clear and bright (I swear I wasn't trying to rhyme).

Naturally, since it's made for dry skin, it offers long-term hydration. Glycerin, sodium hyaluronate (nature's sponge), and muru muru seed butter make it a moisture magnet to protect and repair the skin's natural barrier against moisture loss. It's also said to tighten, firm, and reduce wrinkles. I haven't used this foundation long enough to tell you if it does. Bobbi Brown says unique milk thistle extract and hexapeptide technology join to stimulate the production of collagen, making fine lines and wrinkles look less apparent and the skin appear firmer, reducing the signs of aging. Peptides are known to do that, so I believe it - I just haven't seen it yet.

With the perfect proportion of treated pigments and dry skin softeners, Luminous Moisturizing Treatment Foundation will give you a natural look throughout the day - never cakey and dry. I read that the pigments were covered with a moisturizing treatment that makes the foundation adhere to the skin and, at the same time, makes sure that the skin stays hydrated and fresh, never dry.

I normally wear Warm Ivory in Bobbi Brown's foundations, and that's the shade I've been testing. It's perfect. I find it applies beautifully with a sponge or brush (not as well with fingers for some reason) and can be layered easily. I apply a light layer all over my face and then go back over the center of my face, where I've got some redness, with a little extra product.

This new foundation is available in 20 colors - from ultra-pale to very dark chocolate. I love the acknowledgement that we aren't all light, medium, or dark or perhaps a pitiful six permutations of that. Bobbi Brown has always been good about offering a large spectrum of shades. When Loyd Cassler used to do Armani master classes, he had to bring along Bobbi Brown foundation and concealer for the dark-skinned women in the class. Armani has since added dark shades.

Through September (I think), Luminous Moisturizing Treatment Foundation will be exclusive to Nordstrom. If you need help, please give my favorite Bobbi Brown representative, Diron Carr, a call at 703-671-1121, and ask for extension 1086. If you know your shade, you can purchase it online.

Photo courtesy of Nordstrom

8 comments:

Melanie said...

This line just might have a shade for me (Alabaster or Porcelain). NARS's Radiant Cream Compact Foundation is also coming out with 20 shades. I think that this is so great all around. Hopefully, this means better matches for more of us!

Lori Jenkins said...

How is this nice from her existing luminous foundation? Do you know if they reformulated or are just re-introducing?

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I was going to ask the same question as Lori: How are they different from the current Luminous Moisturizing Foundation? (Which was always a couple shades lighter than the other formulations...a pet peeve of mine. If you're a 3.5 in Oil-Free, you should be a 3.5 in Moisturizing or Skin!!)

Charlestongirl said...

So true, Melanie.

Charlestongirl said...

It is a new formula, Lori.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal,

I didn't buy the first luminous formula, so I'm not the right person to give anyone the definitive word on that.

Anonymous said...

Charlestown Girl, I wear Warm Ivory in Bobbi's foundations too. How did you get a sample? I would love to try this.

Billie Dunbar said...

I bought the new re formulated BB Luminous foundation.
It is very different from the former 3.5 warm beige formula that I have used 2 years . Not only is the color different, but it also does not give me the luminosity that I loved in the original formula. Can you please restore the original formula? I dread to start searching for another cosmetic line, but this new formula no longer works for me.