Tuesday, July 9, 2013

RéVive Intensité Crème Lustre SPF 30

Many of you have asked me about the products I use every day. I'm always hesitant to describe that - not because I've found the fountain of youth and wish to keep it secret - but because I'm always testing this or that. I seldom have a routine. However, during the last few weeks, RéVive Intensité Crème Lustre SPF 30 ($385) has been part of my daily routine.

After getting a bit red in the cheeks from a very short exposure to the sun, when I had been wearing an SPF 15 product, I decided I had to increase my protection level. I work inside a glass building, so I get plenty of sun exposure indoors. I had a jar of this marvel product on hand, a gift from RéVive representatives, and I put it into use immediately.

This moisturizer is fabulous, albeit pricey. RéVive has been one of my most favorite skin-care lines in the last three years. I think the quality warrants the price - for the most part. There are products I've used that are beyond pricey, and while I love them, I realize they cost a rent payment for many people.

Powered by "RES" and Firming Enzymes, RéVive Intensité Crème Lustre SPF 30 is a firming moisturizer designed to help increase elasticity while reducing the appearance of sagging skin. While I don't have sagging skin (knock on wood), the antioxidants and SPF 30 help protect against the free radicals and UVB/UVA rays that normally lead to visible signs of aging - like sun spots and wrinkles. This wonderful moisturizer gives the skin a firmer, brighter, younger look, with the appearance of diminished fine lines and wrinkles.

RéVive lists Intensité Crème Lustre's key benefits.
  • Helps increase elasticity to firm, lift, and tighten skin [a nice feature for anyone over 40]
  • Protects skin against daily environmental aggressors and free radical damage that can lead to premature signs of aging
  • Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Brightens the complexion for the legendary RéVive glow
What amazes me is that the company doesn't prominently feature the SPF 30, which is one of the major benefits from my perspective. The active ingredients that provide the sun protection are Avobenzone (3%), Ensulizole (3%), Octisalate (5%), and Octocrylene (8%).

The crème is thick. I make sure to apply it rather thickly and evenly over my face and neck for adequate sun protection, including my nose. It has not created an oil slick on my face, which might be a concern with such thick application. It absorbs quickly. I apply my foundation effortlessly about an hour after I apply Intensité Crème Lustre (my routine). My makeup does not rub off in ribbons, as it can with the wrong moisturizer or one that's thick.

When I use it, my skin looks good: hydrated and rested. Who can ask for more? You can find RéVive products at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and at RéVive's Web site. If you ever need help with RéVive, please call Anna Befanis at (703) 761-1600, extension 3295. She is a real pro - and a sweetheart too.

I know you are going to ask me what else I used on my daytime face in the last weeks. Here's the list.
Update: This product was made in the U.S.A.
Photo courtesy of RéVive

7 comments:

Eileen said...

I've always been willing to pay much more for the SPF I use on my face than the SPF that gets slathered all over my body. It's not easy to find a good broad spectrum facial sunscreen that is cosmetically elegant, has an SPF of 50, works well with my other lotions and potions, and lays down a good base for my foundation and other makeup products. Add to that that my skin does not tolerate most chemical sunscreen agents, and the pickings are slim, indeed. So, although many of these face quality sunscreens cost a small fortune, when I find one that meets all my requirements, I think it's totally worth it.

My current HG sunscreen for my face is Chanel's SPF 50. It's a gasp-worthy $55 an ounce, and, yes, I use 1/2 teaspoon on my face, neck, and chest. (Who are these misguided women who say they only use a teeny-tiny amount?) I first bought it four years ago and have been wearing it ever since. I flirt with other brands, but always come back to my Chanel. As for the rest of my body, that's where I economize. I use Coppertone's Sensitive Skin Face SPF 50. It's screening agents are similar to Chanel's but the formulation is not nearly as sheer, cometically elegant, or moisturizing.

Getting back to RéViv, although the price is in the stratosphere, if it combines efficacious skincare in an elegant formulation with substantial broad spectrum protection, then--so long as a person can afford it--it's worth it.

Since we all need 1/4 teaspoon of broad spectrum SPF for the face alone, the object is to find one that meets all our needs so that we actually use it every, single day.

Charlestongirl said...

Ditto, Eileen. For just a sunscreen, I would recommend La Roche Posay or Clarins - both of which offer SPF 50 in a very thin, disappearing formulation. However, for a double-duty product, moisturizer + sunscreen, it's harder to find one that suits. This one was a gift to me, but I would buy it. Definitely worth it for the two-in-one feature.

angusmum1 said...

I am like you in that I try different products fairly often, then I usually find something and am with it for a while. I have enjoyed the Prevage by EA suncare with antiaging although I didnt repurchase as the cost was so high for my budget. I am currently using a new formulation by Clar9ins called Dayscreen High Protection SPF40, its super light and doesnt cause any problems at approx $60 for 50ml. Another good one I used to get is Lise Watier ery similar but a 30ml bottle is more $$ overall. I dont hear much about LW a Canadian Co now selling to US via internet they offer many nice products. I agree with Eileen about the difference between face and body and expect to pay more if I get a good product. I will need to purchase again soon and may get the Prevage as its saving a step so maybe its not as $$$ as it seems when you figure it all out. I just need to feel ok with spending given that Ive had a year thats unusually costly. I always love to hear what others are trying and finding out about skincare so appreciate the topic CG. I also wanted to mention that I recently bought some eye gels from Skynn Iceland and they do provide a temporary eye intervention allowing for nice smooth makeup application fewer lines and crepiness for a couple of days. I bought them from Hautelook pkg of 8, cant recall $ but it wasnt too bad I got two!

Mo said...

I do wish I could afford the Revive skincare line. I was going to buy the Intensité Les Yeux until I counted five parabens in the ingredients. I know that the amount applied daily is probably minimal, but I'm still trying to stick with something without the parabens. Glad to see that the Intensite Creme Lustre SPF 30 contains no parabens. I wish I could justify the price, but alas at this point I just can't.

Thanks for posting.

Marina said...

Chemical sunscreens should be absorbed by the skin so this should be the first product to apply in the morning. Great that its double duty. That Perricone product drives me crazy. I have 2 bottle. I had such high hopes but Everytime I use it it emphasizes any wrinkles on my upper eye area. I keep trying but no dice.

Sorry fir typos...typing on iPhone.

Virginie said...

In 5 years, when I am in my 40's, I think I will target Sisley. What do you think? I am French, so maybe this is why....

Miss Brahms said...

COTZ! Contains Only Titanium Dioxide and Zinc. FABULOUS. I will give you some next week C-Girl - I get it at DermStore. It comes in three shades - plain, natural, tan. It has the consistency of Armani Face Fabric. I love it. No breakouts from chemicals. Love LaRoche Posay but some have too many chemicals!