After getting a bit red in the cheeks from a very short exposure to the sun, when I had been wearing an SPF 15 product, I decided I had to increase my protection level. I work inside a glass building, so I get plenty of sun exposure indoors. I had a jar of this marvel product on hand, a gift from RéVive representatives, and I put it into use immediately.
This moisturizer is fabulous, albeit pricey. RéVive has been one of my most favorite skin-care lines in the last three years. I think the quality warrants the price - for the most part. There are products I've used that are beyond pricey, and while I love them, I realize they cost a rent payment for many people.
Powered by "RES" and Firming Enzymes, RéVive Intensité Crème Lustre SPF 30 is a firming moisturizer designed to help increase elasticity while reducing the appearance of sagging skin. While I don't have sagging skin (knock on wood), the antioxidants and SPF 30 help protect against the free radicals and UVB/UVA rays that normally lead to visible signs of aging - like sun spots and wrinkles. This wonderful moisturizer gives the skin a firmer, brighter, younger look, with the appearance of diminished fine lines and wrinkles.
RéVive lists Intensité Crème Lustre's key benefits.
- Helps increase elasticity to firm, lift, and tighten skin [a nice feature for anyone over 40]
- Protects skin against daily environmental aggressors and free radical damage that can lead to premature signs of aging
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Brightens the complexion for the legendary RéVive glow
The crème is thick. I make sure to apply it rather thickly and evenly over my face and neck for adequate sun protection, including my nose. It has not created an oil slick on my face, which might be a concern with such thick application. It absorbs quickly. I apply my foundation effortlessly about an hour after I apply Intensité Crème Lustre (my routine). My makeup does not rub off in ribbons, as it can with the wrong moisturizer or one that's thick.
When I use it, my skin looks good: hydrated and rested. Who can ask for more? You can find RéVive products at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and at RéVive's Web site. If you ever need help with RéVive, please call Anna Befanis at (703) 761-1600, extension 3295. She is a real pro - and a sweetheart too.
I know you are going to ask me what else I used on my daytime face in the last weeks. Here's the list.
- Perricone MD Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum
- Le Métier de Beauté Revive Eye Concentrate
- No serum - I wanted to test the moisturizer alone
- Natura Bissé Tolerance Enzyme Peel
- I used an assortment of cleansers - whatever was at hand. I used a sample Le Métier de Beauté eye makeup remover.