Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Giorgio Armani Beauty Kaleidoscope Fall 2013 Collection

Giorgio Armani Beauty's Fall 2013 Kaleidoscope Collection is now available online. It has been there for a few days, so you may have seen it (another press release I never got - I was beginning to feel like a pariah - seriously paranoid - but I just received it). The collection is called a play of light, nuances, and reflections. "Feminine/masculine duality. Multifaceted cool tones on the eyes, contrasted by berry-toned lips. Subtle femininity softens the garçonne look for autumn."

There are several pieces in the fall collection that look like must-haves to me. The two Fall Look 2013 Face & Eye Palettes ($88) are beautiful. The black case, with its chic magnetic closure, conceals two tiers - one for the face and one for the eyes. The face powder shades are sprinkled with pearls for subtly shimmering glints. The delicate eye shadow harmonies offer either brown-green or blue-violet tones.

Palette #2, shown directly above, is the one that appeals to me. It provides a rosy blush face powder and eye shadows in Copper Wood, Iridescent Jade, and Sea Green. Divine!

Palette #1, shown below, has too much lavender and sky blue for my tastes. However, I'm sure many of you will love it. The light pink blush is accompanied by Smoky Purple, Iridescent Blue, and Satin Grey Blue eye shadows.

Giorgio Armani premiers a satin shadow that delivers long-lasting, fine color film for a comfortable, no-smudge effect. Two-in-one palettes: On the first tier, a feather-light face powder with micronized particles of Micro-Fil technology that illuminate the skin with the signature “Armani glow.” On the second tier, two matte eye shadows in intense hues and a “satinized” illuminator formulated with the new Color-Fil Technology.

As I look at the photos, I'm not sure which shades are considered illuminators in the traditional sense of the word. I think they mean that one of the three eye shadows is slightly shimmering.

There are six new Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadows ($33) in the new collection. Gold Hercule, shown directly above, is the shade that knocked my socks off. The pearlescent shades offer a kaleidoscopic effect, the illusion of changing color depending on the direction of light. The colors are never what they seem; each movement creates a new nuance of color.  From gold to red, violet to pink, blue to green, aqua blue to violet, their holographic effects span the color spectrum.

Eyes to Kill Intense is not new, so I'm sure you're familiar with it. Its innovative hybrid texture, which is not a powder nor a cream, provides a smooth, lasting color film to the eyelids. Each shade is intensified with a second pigment for a multidimensional effect. In just one swoop, you can create a wet, shimmering smoky eye. Use more for serious drama.

The technology, Armani's Color-Fil, was used for the first time in an eye shadow with Eyes to Kill Intense. A new high-resistance bi-polymer enables the formula to perfectly fit the color to the eyelid with cushiony suppleness, providing comfortable long wear. It will provide twenty-four hour color wear (if you need it) and it crease-proof, flake-proof, waterproof, and sweat-proof. Eyes To Kill Intense Eyeshadows glide on, stay on, but wipe off in an instant (using heavy-duty eye makeup remover). You can apply them wet or dry with your fingers or the Armani large eye contour brush.

Finally, there are six new Rouge d'Armani Lipstick ($32) shades. Wild berry and sun-kissed hues will give your lips a dazzling smile. These colors premiered on Armani's catwalk and have become a key trend for fall. They offer a sensual bitten-lip look when dabbed against the lips to leave a stain, which you can layer in light strokes.

With an exceptional long-wear formula, Rouge d'Armani provides comfort and shine, without fading and feathering. The soft texture leaves the lips feeling continuously hydrated. Rouge d'Armani has a classy black lacquer case with an exclusive magnetic closure. Sealed with a click.

I haven't decided whether I am going to order online or wait for the collection to arrive at local stores. I'm eager to purchase the palette and that gorgeous gold-green eye shadow. I'll wait until I can shop on Saturday to decide. Have you seen the collection? What do you think?

It should be available at all Giorgio Armani Beauty counters soon. It is online at the Giorgio Armani Beauty Web site now.

Photos courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty

12 comments:

wendy said...

dear charleston girl!!! guess what?? finally, some good news from cincinnati! there's going to be an armani counter here in september!! i'm very excited!! i really should apply to work there!! so, before saying i don't like this collection, i'll have to try it on first. is it my imagination or are most collections looking very evening like? i'm still in search of some gorgeous neutrals that have good quality to them. my favorite is prelude by chanel. i'm getting off the subject again i sorry. i've had four prelude quads using all 3 colors to the pan and barely using the fourth. any suggestions? i was thinking about going to trish mcevoy and asking them to whip me up a pallette that is similar to prelude? anyway, i'm finding that all these jeweled tone colors with shimmer are looking a bit garish on me especially as i get older. i'm also thinking i need a burberry counter. love the fall armani but, too "evening" like. xxxxxxx

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

Ohmygosh, beautiful palettes! It seems like when it comes to palettes Armani can do know wrong :)

Mary Ann said...

Oh very pretty! I like the first one as well. I have a few of the eye
palettes and I love them.

Eileen said...

Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! LOL The sparkly finish on the blushers is an overspray as is the color on the center eyeshadow of each trio. Beneath the lavender overspray is a dark turquoise. Beneath the pale green overspray is an emerald green. I was flabbergasted when I saw the swatches on the Asian blogs. In this case, what you see in the promo pics is not what you'll actually get once you remove the overspray. That's not to say that these aren't beautiful eyeshadow trios, it's just that you probably shouldn't order blind unless you've seen a lot of "real life" swatches.

As for the new ETK shadows, aren't they just lovely? In the case of those little pots of magic, what you see is what you get. I understand they're a bit sheer which makes the color eminently wearable for those of us who have reached the age where we must be careful with color. All considered, it's a beautiful collection.

Hi Wendy,

Beginning with the summer collections, color really took wing--pinks, blues, violets, and greens, oh my! The color trend is carrying on into the fall as well and will still be going strong come holiday time. There will always be some gorgeous neutral options, but color is, indeed, having a moment. What I particularly like is that the better quality lines are making these colors in textures and finishes that are workable for those of us who are (ahem, ahem) more mature. When I last saw Marcus Monzon, he was applying Les Aquas on a 76 year old woman and she was drop dead gorgeous. In the hands of a gifted artist, color can be age appropriate and quite stunning.

Makeup Remastered said...

CG, I've been waiting patiently for your always wonderful reviews on this collection.I had the opportunity to purchase it sight unseen , as Armani not in my country yet, so I jumped at it.Waiting for the arrival of both palettes-I really could not choose as they are both so pretty.Interestingly , some reviews that surfaced early show and overlay over the middle shades in both palettes, which reveal different colours underneath.Also , I think the colours in the two palette can be used together for different looks.The orange lipsticks are so now-but I think orange looks bad on me.Cannot wait for your review,I'm sure it will come before my products arrive from across the world.xx

Unknown said...

Choices, choices...I like both but tend to find the #2 palette more appealing. Yet, I haven't seen them in person, so one never knows for sure! Thanks for the post!

Charlestongirl said...

Wendy, I suspect the pot shadows will not please you, but I'll bet the two new palettes will. Except for the center shade, the eye colors are "matte," and the cheek color is only slightly shimmery. Definitely try it first. My Saks has received it, so I will be buying Saturday.

Charlestongirl said...

Dovey,

Totally agree!

Charlestongirl said...

Mary Ann,

Armani has been one of my favorite brands since it was launched. It has always hit that "wearable" threshold for me.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, thanks for confirming the nature of the Kaleidoscope name. I really think it's cool, but I can understand how some may be disappointed by the "nuanced," changeable colors.

Charlestongirl said...

Makeup Remastered,

Lucky you! I would love to have more than I will likely purchase. I have turned over a new leaf. I must have enough money to retire someday.

Charlestongirl said...

Jem, I will see them Saturday and repor back.