Monday, February 18, 2013

Bobbi Brown Lilac Rose Shimmer Brick

The introduction of a new Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick is always cause for celebration. As a Shimmer Brick collector, I drove right over to Bloomingdale's when I found out that Bobbi Brown's new Lilac Rose Shimmer Brick ($42) had arrived. I was rewarded with this beauty!

Handmade in Italy, this award-winning editor's favorite highlights the skin - cheeks, eyes, anywhere - with five bars of pearlescent shimmer in Bobbi's freshest take on spring florals. Featuring bright pink, golden pink and icy pink pearl pigments, it's perfect for light or medium skin tones. I believe that the Shimmer Bricks are Bobbi Brown's greatest achievement as a cosmetics artist. While some would say her foundations are her crowning glory, I'm sticking with the Shimmer Bricks. If I could give awards for all-time makeup bests, Bobbi Brown's multitasking Shimmer Bricks would get an award.

Lilac Rose Shimmer Brick continues Bobbi's long tradition of shimmering, highlighting color in shades that are perfect for a cool, rosy look. I haven't had time to swatch each color individually. I did swatch with the blended shades to show you the color you'll achieve if you run your brush over all five shades.

I used a sponge-tipped applicator to show the blended shades at the top of my arm and a dense blush brush for the larger swatch below. I took my photos in full, mid-day sunshine, which emphasized the shimmering finish.

To me, the icy pink shade is glorious, magnificent, stunning, glamorous, and definitely flattering. Give me time, and I can add at least 20 other superlatives. Appropriately named Lilac Pink, this Shimmer Brick, when used as a highlighter, will offer a cool tone to contrast with your warmer shades for spring.

I like to use Shimmer Bricks as blushers or blush toppers or highlighters. I blend the shades more often than I use them individually, but I love the way I can select only one shade and use it on my eyes. If the sun is shining tomorrow, I will swatch each shade individually for you.

I purchased my Lilac Rose Shimmer Brick at Bloomingdale's. Since that day, I haven't looked for it at other Bobbi Brown counters. I'm sure it will arrive soon. It is not yet available on Bobbi Brown's Web site (as of this morning).

Photo at top courtesy of Bloomingdale's; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

beano54 said...

such pretty colours i have a shimmer brick mine is rose i suppose companies just change them slightly and us consumers buy more

Jane said...

Swoon! Always love the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks!

Virginie said...

Hi Charleston Girl,

Would you happen to have rose diamond highlighter from Dior? If yes, how would you compare those two ? Thanks!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Beano,

They are all different. That's why I think they are little masterpieces. She doesn't release enough of them to qualify as a duper.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jane,

Swoon: another good descriptor, along with drool. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Virginie,

I think I did at one time. I have no idea where it might be. When I had my knee replaced, I packed up a bunch of makeup, and I've never unpacked those boxes! Think it's time?

Charlestongirl said...

From memory, doesn't Rose Diamond have a hint of peach?

Running with Scissors said...

Love it! thanks for the review

Christy

Virginie said...

I hope your knee is better now! Yes, it's time, how can you let make up sit in a box, alone and all dusty ;-( lol
Don't know if there is a hint of peach, but from what I saw online, it looks slightly less frosty.....?

Leonie said...

I'm so excited about this! I can never pass up a shimmer brick... Let's hope it gets to the UK soon.

LilyBiscuit said...

I'm going to buy this one too. I had a peach tone shimmer brick, but, prefer these shades. I think it's perfect for spring.

Lisa C said...

I have not a one of her shimmer bricks and I'm dying to try them. I'm just not sure which one to go for, but now that I've seen this one it may top the list! I was debating on the 24k and the Nectar shade. There are just too many gorgeous shades to pick from! This one is absolutely beautiful though. Whats some of your favorites?

Unknown said...

Hey, can you let me know how this compares to Pink Quartz? I have that one and it's more of a cool tone but less bright pink due to the beige shade that's in it and the pinks are more muted. The swatches of the Lilac Rose look to me like a cool bright pink but with a gold shimmer finish, am I right? Pink Quartz has more of a silver finish so if this has a gold shimmer then I will be all over it!