Sunday, February 24, 2013

Neiman Marcus The Book Shopping

A few nights ago, I went through The Book playing a little game. I filled out a spreadsheet, answering the following questions.
  1. Do I like it?
  2. Would I wear it? Does it fit into my life?
  3. Can I afford to buy it?
  4. If I had the money, would I buy it?
Do you ever play those games? I think it's fun. Here are some of my entries. I snagged a few photos from the online Book.

I love this Prada handbag ($1890). Blue and green are my favorite colors (this bag is also available in red and orange. I love the shoulder strap. I can't always carry a bag with handles only. I must have a shoulder strap, and I noticed a movement toward them for this season. That makes me very happy. Answers to my questions: 1. Yes. 2. Yes, 3. No. 4. Yes.

Another bag that caught my eye was this one from Gucci ($2,300). I think it's beautiful. Unfortunately, it is python, which is a major negative for me. So, 1. Yes. 2. No (you have to stick to your principles). 3. No. 4. No.

Also in handbags, take a look at the Saint Laurent green one on page 97 of The Book. The calfskin bag ($2,150) is stunning. 1. Yes. 2. Yes. 3. No. 4. Yes. This issue is laden with accessories that are to-die-for.

This flouncy, gorgeous dress ($1,995) was designed by Prabal Gurung (who?). The blue print silk and cotton dress telegraphs pretty. Click on the photo to enlarge it to see the beautiful print. 1. Yes. 2. Yes. 3. No. 4. Yes

I love the color block dress from Michael Kors ($1,895). I wouldn't be able to wear it because it's wool, so non-lined parts at the neck and shoulders would leave me in a state of itchiness. However, if it weren't allergic, my answers would be as follows. 1. Yes. 2. Yes. 3. No. 4. Yes. I would be out looking for the knock-off.

This rather simple dress from Oscar de la Renta ($6,790) is divine. With contrasts of navy and ivory, it suits me to a T. 1. Yes. 2. Yes. 3. No. 4. No. I'm not that crazy.

Here is the Rebecca Taylor light blue lambskin jacket ($995) that made me hyperventilate. I even went to look for it in the store, and it's every bit as beautiful. 1. Yes. 2. Yes. 3. Yes (if I stretch). 4. Yes.

After I added up the amounts I could have spent with my answers to #3 and #4, I decided that Neiman Marcus put together some very tempting looks this season. See what you think!

Photos courtesy of Neiman Marcus

4 comments:

Meredith said...

You would look gorgeous in the lambskin jacket! You must get it! A real standout on you, very pretty with your blonde hair.

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Meredith. I think so too, :). I want it - really badly.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Glad that shoulder straps are a "thing" (why wouldn't they ALWAYS be a thing???) Most women love them on their bags! I know, it's all about the look. Meredith is right, you should own that jacket!

Charlestongirl said...

MamaVal, I must have shoulder straps. I need both hands!