Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Stila All You Need Is Love Valentine's Day Cheek Palette

I was shopping at Ulta last weekend for the first time in years, and I saw Stila's darling All You Need Is Love Valentine's Day Cheek Palette ($14) at the checkout register. How could I resist? That was clever product placement.

This limited-edition, multi-colored pressed powder blush comes in a whimsical, embossed "love" design. The shimmery gold overspray won't stick around for long, but it will keep your cheeks looking naturally radiant and flushed for Valentine's Day.

The shades can be worn separately or mixed and matched for a variety of shades that are sure to keep you blushing. I decided to give you one view of the color by swatching with a sponge-tipped applicator in the center, where all four squares join. I did not pick up the gold with the applicator because I wanted to show the blush as it would look after the gold "love" is long gone. Hopefully, the object of your affection will still be around.

The larger swatch below was applied with a blending brush. It was applied to show you a more realistic look of the color as a highlighting blush. Because of the size of the blush, I did sweep over all four shades, including the gold "love." I took my photos in full sun, which emphasizes the subtle sparkling of the cheek color. The blended color show here is, in my opinion, extraordinarily pretty. It's not too light, not too deep - simply a pretty, radiant pink.

I like it - a lot! I think the $14 price would encourage anyone to play - even if you don't need "yet another pink blush." It was my Valentine's Day present to myself.

I purchased mine at Ulta. You can also find it at Stila's Web site. I didn't see it at  Sephora.

Photo at top courtesy of Stila; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Lisa C said...

I picked this one up too! I was so impressed with this blush, Stila really outdid themselves this time! Really nice pigmentation, and all four colors together are gorgeous. I love it!

Makeupremastered said...

Hi Charleston Girl
I walked past this the other day-but your post has made my resistance crumble-darn you!
Simply divine.....

Bonnie C. said...

Happy Valentine's Day beauty godmother! :-)

bisbee said...

Good price for this...but I just got my GA Blushing Fabric yesterday in Fuchsia, so I'm going to pass...

Christina said...

I thought of skipping this, but after seeing your swatches and how pretty the colour is once blended, I think I'll have to pop on over to Ulta. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lisa!

It's one of the best Stila teasers in years. Put it at checkout, and it's bound to fly out of stores.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh well, Makeupremastered, crumble in good company.

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Bonnie! Sending love and hugs for Valentine's Day!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bisbee,

You must be exited to have Fuchsia!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Christina,

It's worth the trip. :)