Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Estée Lauder Mad Men Collection for 2013

Last year, Estée Lauder launched its first wildly successful Mad Men Collection, a limited-edition makeup collection inspired by the award-winning AMC drama Mad Men. The launch was timed to coincide with the premiere of Season Five, and now a second, limited-edition collection will launch to celebrate the two-hour season premiere of Season Six on Sunday, April 7, at 9:00 EST/8:00 CST.

The Sixties. It was a happening. Flower Power. Mini Skirts. Pop Art. With sheer, shimmery pastels for lips and nails – seductive yet innocent. Cheek colors so sheer they looked shockingly nude. Luxuriant lashes (real and fake). Starry kaleidoscope eyes. Turn on. Tune in. Drop everything. It’s Mad Men time again.

Last year's collection was beautiful and glamorous. This year's looks even better - if that's possible.

The See-Thru Blush in Light Show ($50) provide sheer, sexy, creamy color, exactly what I love. Last year's Man Men blush was a cream blush; this year, it's powder. It captures the cheeky, fresh-faced, Sixties look perfectly. Estée Lauder suggests you add extra to your forehead, temples, and chin for more rosy lights.

Inspired by the rock concert light shows and see-through, cut-out fashions that made the Sixties swing.Compact case and carton are replicas of actual designs from Estée Lauder's Sixties-era collections.

The Rich Rich Lipstick in Pinkadelic ($30) offers a creamy, satin finish and smooth, rich lip color. The Pinkadelic shade captures the soft-lipped, sexy-innocent Sixties look perfectly. As with the other pieces in the collection, the lipstick case and carton are replicas of actual designs from Estée Lauder's Sixties-era collections. Pinkadelic was named after one of Estée Lauder's most popular Sixties lip formulas.

Last year, the lipstick was small - smaller than the usual size one would expect. I suspect this one will also be small. That won't stop me from purchasing this beautiful color.

The Mad Men Collection Nail Lacquer ($24) in Pink Paisley is a perfect ladylike shade that captures the sexy-innocent Sixties look perfectly.

Polished and chic. Smooth glossy color, long wear. Carton is a replica of an actual design from Estée Lauder's Sixties-era collections.

I'm so there. You can be too. You can pre-order the Mad Men Collection at Estée Lauder's Web site. Don't delay. This collection sold out quickly last year. Funny story, but I gave away my pieces from last year. I have so much makeup, and a reader really wanted them. No one will ever pry these from my hands.

Photos courtesy of Estée Lauder

22 comments:

bisbee said...

The lipstick looks very pretty - I pre-ordered it. Last time I got the blush and maybe the lipstick - can't recall!

Cheryl said...

Love the blush - any idea if the blush compact can later be used with a powder refill?

Lorraine said...

Need that nail color! Even though the package looks old school Revlon...

Veronica said...

Wow! How soft and pretty! Just placed by order!!!

Eileen said...

With so many clothing and cosmetic brands coming up with Mad Men Sixties collections, I wonder if that means the bright, bold lip look will be receding a bit. I was well into wearing makeup during that decade and, except for the very early years, lips were nude, shell pink, pale peach, etc. That was also the decade when lip gloss moved from the movie set to the makeup bag and I've been a happy camper ever since :-)

I'm really enjoying the sixties having a beauty moment. Estée Lauder is definitely the more lady-like iteration of that time, but it is so very pretty. I just ordered the collection! It's amazing what a bit of nostalgia will prompt a woman to do :-)

Melanie said...

The 1960s were the Golden Age for my mother. She always talks about makeup (and how few colours there were to choose from), the hair (sleeping with the beehive wrapped in toilet paper so as to preserve it), the lashes that my grandmother would flush down the sink thinking that they were spiders, the clothes ... This makes me think of her!

Eileen said...

Hi Melanie,

I had to smile reading your comment. I had a pair of mink eyelashes that resembled caterpillars! LOL

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bisbee,

Me too. Pre-ordered today.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Cheryl,

I have no idea. Perhaps when a press release is available to go with the photos, I will find out.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lorriane,

I have noticed pastel nails everywhere for spring.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Veronica,

Guess we will all be receiving our orders on the same day. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I loved the cream blush in the first collection, although this year's shade sure looks pretty.

I think we have seen the last of the bold lip for awhile. I don't think it was the super-hit companies had anticipated.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Melanie,

You are making me feel very old. LOL

BooBooNinja said...

*pry* *pry* *pry*

Everyone, she's right! I tried and couldn't pry these out of CG's hands. :) Thanks for the giggles and for the heads up.

indieperfumes said...

I love these collections based on eras, shows and films, I think it reaches into the fantasy aspect of cosmetics. They should release a perfume -- or re release a reformulation of a period fragrance for both men and women.

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, BooBoo, it looks way too pretty.

Charlestongirl said...

What a great idea, Lucy!

Anonymous said...

Everyday for I don't know how long, I have been checking for news on this collection. Wouldn't you know it, the day I am stuck driving in a snow storm and exhausted from shoveling my driveway and too tired to get on my laptop, is the day it is released. Thank you CG for being on top of things, you are the BEST! My order has been placed. Can't wait to get this, the colors are so feminine and beautiful, and that nail color, wow! Denise at aeiokid at comcast dot net.

beano54 said...

love the packaging of this so cute and sweet

Charlestongirl said...

Glad you got it, Denise! Snow? Yuk.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Beano,

It IS very special.

Ginny said...

The blush is appealing but does it justify the hefty price? I am really debating here...