Thursday, February 14, 2013

Clé de Peau Beauté Illuminizing Face Enhancer from the Mediterranean Beauty Collection

Clé de Peau Beauté's new Mediterranean Beauty Collection is exquisite. I bought everything in the color line at Neiman Marcus. One look, and I was a goner.

The Illuminizing Face Enhancer ($95 or $55, see below) is alive in the interplay of sea and sunlight, your beauty is irresistible. The new shade, one of three (I have the other two), is #13, Sand Beige. Wear it with the new eye shadows and lip colors and the marketing blub below will have resonance.

As Illuminating Beads capture the ever-changing radiance of the Mediterranean, all eyes are upon you.

This finely milled, extremely flattering powder luminizer make my heart leap because it works so beautifully with my skin tone. It's subtle. On those with darker skin tones, it may light up more, becoming prettier with each jump in tone. I have absolutely no idea why the lovely Clé de Peau representative called it a bronzer. This fantastic powder isn't going to bronze anyone. It's exactly what Clé de Peau Beauté called it: an Illuminating Face Enhancer.

I purchased the refill. I would love to have purchased the compact, but the $30 difference was too high for me right now - basically the price of a lipstick. I almost always select Clé de Peau's refills. The plastic cases store nicely on a shelf in my bathroom, and I don't carry them with me. I don't need the accompanying brushes.

The rep told me the preferred way to pick up the powder is with up and down strokes, not circular ones. That doesn't make much sense to me, but I ran a sponge-tipped applicator up and down over the multiple shades to get a well-blended swatch. I took my photos in full, morning sun.

The sunshine helped me get swatch photos. I don't see this much color on my arm or face when I apply the Face Enhancer properly. I see a glorious, warm, golden sheen. Even though the compact shows sparkles, they seem to melt and merge into my skin, leaving a sheen without sparklies. It doesn't get better than that!

I love my new luminizer. I just got it and haven't had a lot of time to play with it. I'll be treating it well, placing it prominently in my bathroom and reaching for it often. This is, in my opinion, the best of the three - and I liked the others a lot.

I'll be showing you the new Eye Color Quads and Enhanced Lip Luminizers as soon as I can get photos. If you get a chance, definitely stop by a Clé de Peau Beauté counter and explore the magnificent new colors. Or, check them out online at the Clé de Peau Beauté Web site.

Photos at top courtesy of Clé de Peau Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

Eileen said...

First of all, Happy Valentine's Day to you and all your readers. I'm not a sappy sentimental kind of gal, but I do like taking a moment to tell people that I think about them and that that brightens my day and brings joy to my heart.

Another thing that brightens my day and brings joy to my heart is seeing this luminator. (Nice seque, huh? :-) ) It gives you a light, golden-honey glow that compliments the pink tones in your skin perfectly. Warm and golden, but not yellow. It's a delicate wash of sunshine. Hopefully, when I drive to the Valley next week, the collection will have arrived.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

Happy Valentine's Day! It's not a big day for me, but I did enjoy getting my Mom a pretty purple bouquet and a chocolate and strawberry tart.

As you know, CdP makeup is always a luxurious treat. I've been asking about these pieces for about two weeks. They finally arrived!

VancouverChic said...

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!
C-Girl this is really pretty. Just a question when buying a refill, what if I do put it in a make-up bag & purse - how will it fare?
Thanks for the great swatches! Your the best!
Warm Regards,
Joanne

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Joanne!

If I were to put it in a makeup bag, I would reinforce the plastic closure with a rubber band.

Thanks!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

VERY pretty! I tend to stay away from shimmer on my face, since I get so oily now that I'm having "VERY warm moments"(Imagine that, going from being an acne-prone teen, to a dry skinned adult, back to oily...YIKES!). I did put some of my shimmerbrick on my cheekbones tonight, tho, since I was on my Valentine's date with my hubby. I miss shimmer!!!

Meredith said...

Could you give us a comparison between this and Chanel's new highlighter? The one I mean is the round one with symbols on it, not the Mouche one that is rose gold but the one that came out just before the mouche. Thank you!

Julia said...

I understand on the case and can see that is a huge price difference... though I love that compact! It's just so beautiful! What a wonderful summer shade, I'm putting this on my birthday list for sure. OH. So gorgeous. Thanks for another great share!
Do you find this kind of "enhancer" more like a bronzer or more like a highlighter? It has the shimmer, I can see that, and the collection of colors in the thing itself are various browns. I'm quite fair, I'm just wondering what it would look like/ do on my skin, and what parts of my face I would wear it on. Thanks again!

Makeupremastered said...

HelloCG
My other half will be visiting Chicago soon, staying near NMarcus Michigan ave-being their Chicago flagship zi am hoping they will stock CdP-being the resident CdP aficionado , what would u recommend as must haves?-I am thinking their palette with the green in and the neutral one u recently reviewed -how do their face luminizers compare to Guerlain meteorites?-would love your help.

Charlestongirl said...

Meredith, this one applies with more even color and is less sparkly to my eyes.

Charlestongirl said...

Julia,

I think it's more like a highlighter, although the rep thought it was a bronzer. Only on very fair skins might it be a bronzer. It is, however, a nice contouring powder.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh, and, Julia,

Wear it under your cheekbones and the high points of your face - where the sun would touch it. I generally apply to temples, bridge of nose, the hollow under my cheekbones, etc. Then I also, at times, apply powders like this to my square jaw near the hair line.

Charlestongirl said...

That's too hard, Makeupremastered. You need their concealer, but you should pick out the shade yourself. Be very careful of recent mono eye shadows. They were very glittery and without much pigment. The eye quads are divine, as are the slender lip enhancers.

Makeup Remastered said...

Thanks CG- the luminizers look great too!

Meredith said...

I'd like to ask if this Luminizer is at all peachy? It doesn't look so on your arm but I've seen other photos and it looked peachy there. What do you advise? Thank you!