Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tarte Awakening Cheek Stain

Tarte Cheek Stain ($30), the stain that started it all. Tarte’s award-winning and best-selling cheek stain gives you a gorgeous, natural flush in a gel or cream consistency. The rounded-top cheek stains are gel-based stains, while flat-top cheek stains are the cream-based version. Who knew that? I didn't!

This lightweight glow-getter imparts a natural flush - like someone just pinched your cheeks. Get the look of love and an instant pop of soft and dreamy color by applying this to the apples of your cheeks. Unlike traditional stains that are hard to apply or way too dark, this goof-proof tint melts into the cheeks readily and gives you 20 seconds or more of blending time before it sets in place for all-day wear.

Awakening is Tarte's latest entry into its iconic Cheek Stain collection. I wasn't sure what color to expect when I flipped off the protective plastic cover. It appeared to be nude with a twist. Tarte describes it as a sheer, glowy nude with pink undertones, which is just about perfect.

I took swatch photos of this lovely Cheek Stain in full, morning sunshine. I applied the gel directly from the tube to my arm. I was very pleased with what I saw. The nude shade does have pink in it, preventing it from looking muddy on the skin. This is the perfect shade for this spring's subtle cheek.

Awakening does impart a glow, which I always need. The glow varies with lighting conditions, as you can see when comparing my two photos above.

I declare Tarte's Awakening Cheek Stain a must-have for Cheek Stain collectors and give it a buy recommendation for anyone looking for a new cheek treat.

I suspect you know about Tarte's wonderful cruelty-free ethos, but if you would like to know more about this company I deeply respect, check out this link. Not only does Tarte spare the animals, they work hard to ensure that they protect us from nasty ingredients, while adding ingredients that are good for our skin.

I received mine from a friend who is a Tarte representative. You can find Awakening Cheek Stain at Tarte's Web site, where there is a Divine Shine Gloss BOGO deal with the code KISS. It's available at Sephora too.

Photo at top courtesy of Tarte; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Julia said...

That is truly a gorgeous color. Tarte is one of those companies I never really took time to try out or notice. I guess I got it confused with Too Faced which never really worked out in my favor.
I'm going to Sephora today so I will be trying it out. Thanks for the detailed update, as always!

CGirl said...

That is gorgeous! I might have to get it. I've never tried a Tarte cheek stain before. I bought the Lipsurgence product that goes with this (the one that changes to match you) and it is amazing. It is so moisturizing and leaves a slight stain that lasts for quite a while. I've never had a balm like it. I'm really falling in love with Tarte.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Julia,

I love this shade. It's the perfect touch of color. Hope you like it!

Charlestongirl said...

I got that too, CGirl. Maybe I can post it tomorrow. Awakening is a gorgeous nude shade. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

In the last year I have fallen on love with this line: Lipsurgence galore (including Energy), cheek stain (Flushed & Awakening-- which is light pink on me; Maracuja oil, Amazonian cream blush, Lights Camera Mascara... Well, u get the idea. As a well over 50 young lady, I was really happy to find such a fun new line that is so wonderfully wearable!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

You've got me hooked on these, too! I actually receive compliments on my glowing skin at age 52, when I wear this on my cheekbones. I can't say I mind that at all! (I bought the one that you described as a rosy tone with some gold shummer...???)

Unknown said...

Your photos truly makes this looks so gorgeous. I must investigate.

Eileen said...

My first foray into cheek stains was with Tarte. I purchased Loving which is a delicate rose. Just a little bit swirled onto my cheeks with my stipling brush gives a soft flush that lasts all day. These are just so much better than the primitive cheek stains that used to run all over the place or apply unevenly. Tarte's cheek stains apply more like a cream blush but wear like a true stain. I'll definitely have to take a look at Awakening as I'm really loving softer, more nude toned blush right now.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

My friend sent me many new things to try, so I'll be wearing Tarte and loving it with you. Great brand!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey MamaVal,

I have to have every new Cheek Stain Tarte launches. I'm really hooked.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kristina,

I think you'll like it. It's such an easy-to-wear shade.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

It could not be more perfect for the looks that are emerging for spring!