Thursday, February 21, 2013

Le Métier de Beauté Melange de Colour Fashion Eye Palette for Spring 2013 - Swatched

Le Métier de Beauté's Melange de Colour Fashion Eye Palette for Spring 2013 ($95) is a must-have for Le Métier de Beauté collectors. I finally got swatch photos today, although it wasn't easy. My photos don't please me. I was promised a sunny day, but there are more clouds than sunshine (at this point in the day), and I wasn't going to take any chances that the cloud cover would increase.

When I guessed the size of each color last week, I used a nickle as my measure. Today, with the palette in my hand, I think each is closer to a "dime plus" in size. It does look like the manufacturer rushed a bit in slipping the color pans into the palette because some of them are tilted.That can be remedied by pushing them down with your finger. That's a small inconvenience for a palette that's an extraordinary value at $95.

I took my photos in full or nearly full sunshine. I would get the shadows aligned on my arm and then watch for the sun to peek out. Then, I would dash outdoors as fast as I can move to snap a few photos, shivering all the while. As soon as I came back in to swatch a few more rows, the sun would come out. I'm feeling like there's a heavenly conspiracy against me today.

Here are the colors, starting on the top row left in the photo above, moving down the left side, jumping to the top of the middle row, moving down again, and finally repeating on the third row.
  • Deepest Noir
  • Dark Chocolate
  • Cinnamon Gold
  • Amethyst
  • Lilac
  • Black Emerald
  • Gunmetal
  • Tannish Brown
  • Gold
  • Mauve
  • Sapphire
  • Pistachio
  • Silver Foil
  • Beige
  • Nylon Stocking
  • Rose
  • Cyan
  • Glass
This is not the order in which I swatched. I applied each row, left to right, with a sponge-tipped applicator (thinner than I usually do in order to fit two rows in each photo. For better or worse, here are my photos.

The top two rows present black, charcoal, silver, and brown shades. Remember, I did not swatch in the order of this list. These shades start at the top of my arm with Deepest Noir and continue down with Gunmetal, Silver Foil, Dark Chocolate, Tannish Brown, and Beige, an odd name for such a pretty, shimmering shade.

In this set, Cinnamon Gold is at the top of my arm. Moving down below it are Gold, Nylon Stocking, Amethyst, Mauve (which is much prettier than it looks here), and Rose. This second set wasn't graced with totally full sun, which dampened the shades a bit.

Lilac (really periwinkle) shows off at the top of my arm in this set, with stunning blues and greens under it. In order below Lilac, from top to bottom, you'll see Sapphire, Cyan, Black Emerald, Pistachio, and Glass (the white shade).

Mikey Castillo created a few looks using the palette, and I was able to get the diagrams from Le Métier de Beauté. I will post them in a few hours.

Le Métier de Beauté's Melange de Colour Fashion Eye Palette is available now, just in time for the Neiman Marcus Beauty Week. If you plan to order by phone, you should order from Michael Reinhardt at Mazza Gallerie. You will be pleased if you do. Scroll down to see Michael's step-up gift and give him a call at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258 or 2236. Make sure to ask for Michael and mention Best Things in Beauty. Ask about the step-up GWP.

Update 2/22: Here is word from Le Métier de Beauté on availability. Nordstrom (select stores) and Nordstrom.com will have the palette. Also for international, it will be available on BeautyBay.com.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

25 comments:

morelikespace said...

It's hard not to be dazzled by all the colours. How would you say the quality compares to regular LMdB shadows, based on what you've experienced thus far?

Laci said...

GAH!! I'm so glad I pre-ordered this. I cannot wait to get that in my hot little hands. :D

Eileen said...

Congratulations on your heroic effort to get us those gorgeous swatches, Charlestongirl. I can just imagine you waiting for the break in the clouds; then leaping up and dashing out like a woman on a mission to snap the shot before the clouds returned--or you froze to death! LOL Seriously, it is a lovely collection of "Mikey's greatest hits". Think of what a wonderful and colorful gift this palette would make. I've already seen the face charts and can say that this collection really does have endless possibilities. Just glancing at your swatches, I can see so much layering and blending potential. Am I glad I pre-ordered this one? You better believe it! I know I'll have a lot of fun with it.

AfricanOrchid said...

Wow. I just called Michael and he said he is all sold out but has put a list together of people who want it and will be contacting Le Metier de Beaute to get them to produce more. The demand is definitely there. I of course ordered some things for him to send me in the meantime. How could i not?. haha.

evo said...

do you know where i can get this internationally? i remember years ago, they had a counter at holt renfrew in canada but not anymore

Virginie said...

Hi,

DO you know if this palette is sold at Nordstrom??

Eileen said...

Hi Virginie,

When I ordered mine, I had to call Neiman's to have it sent out. Should be in my hot little hands any day now :-). Nordstrom always lags in getting LMdB's new products. Perhaps that's part of the reason Nordstrom is shutting down some of their LMdB counters :-(

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kate!

They are the regular LMdB shadows, as far as I can tell. Made in the USA.

Charlestongirl said...

Gah, indeed, Laci!

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, I was so annoyed with the clouds. Now, there isn't one in the sky. If I had only waited!

I love your name for it, and I think it should be the nickname! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi AfricanOrchid,

Yes, LMdB sent him only 25% of what he ordered. I will find out the probability that he can get more later today. Check in here tonight.

Charlestongirl said...

Evo and Virginie,

I have sent your questions to LMdB and am awaiting the answer.

Anonymous said...

It looks like the palette is available on neimanmarcus.com:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Le-Metier-de-Beaute-Limited-Edition-Colorcopia-New-York-Fashion-Week-Palette-le-metier/prod156970116___/?icid=&searchType=MAIN&rte=%252Fsearch.jsp%253FN%253D0%2526Ntt%253Dle%252Bmetier%2526_requestid%253D82566&eItemId=prod156970116&cmCat=search

If you're dying to get your hands on it, this might be a good option!

Charlestongirl said...

Michael says Nordies is not getting this palette.

Jo said...

I picked mine up already and it is absolutely gorgeous in person. Thanks for the great pictures and face charts.

Julia said...

so obsessed. must buy.

Bonnie C. said...

I don't think I have ever seen a palette from a higher end brand that has so many color choices, which seem to usually have about four or five at most, so this is unique. Thanks so much for sharing, definitely a labor of love getting the swatch photos! :-)

Kristen said...

Thanks for sharing the swatches, I was trying to resist buying, but I think this is a must have!

Anonymous said...

This might end up being a birthday splurge for me and a first Le Metier buy. This is one of the most gorgeously colored palettes I have ever seen!

Charlestongirl said...

Here is word from Le Métier de Beauté on availability. Nordstrom (select stores) and Nordstrom.com will have the palette. Also for international, it will be available on BeautyBay.com.

Makeup Remastered said...

hi CG!
How does Cle De Peau compare in texture and pigmentation to Le metier- pro's and con's as it were?

Kit said...

Looks like it's already sold out on Neiman Marcus's website and I don't see it on Nordstrom's. Have I blinked and missed it there, too? Discouraging.

Charlestongirl said...

Kit,

It is SO at NM online, however, Michael Reinhardt will be getting a second "run" of the palettes. You must get on his waiting list by calling him at 202-966-9700 and asking for him at the Le Métier de Beauté counter.

I was told by LMdB that Nordstrom would eventually get the Melange de Colour Fashion Eye Palette. I don't know when that might be. Best to get on Michael's list.

Anonymous said...

It seems to be online at Saks right now. They have a code for free shipping with a $150 purchase. It says it is in stock. I am tempted to order one. I went to my ATL Neiman Marcus yesterday and they found called many stores to find me one in Texas to be shipped to me and am so worried that someone will mess something up and sell it behind my back. I can't believe I am giving makeup this much thought!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Good news, Renee! I'd go for the bird in hand. You may end up with two. You could call NM back and ask for the tracking number to see if it shipped.