Saturday, October 3, 2009

Beauty Shopping at Bloomies - Part 1 Lancome

Today, I went to the mall. I wanted to purchase "Pink Ribbon" products and see any new goodies that had hit the counters. Because I had to pick up some things I had ordered from Connie Ferrara, my Estee Lauder rep at Bloomingdale's, I went to Tysons Corner Center. They had a lot of new arrivals and gifts with purchase in the beauty department, so the trip was fun!

Bloomingdale's is supporting the Breast Cancer Research Foundation through its Give Pink Get More Program. Bloomingdale's Insider Card members who enroll by donating $15, will receive a Give Pink Get More gift card that can be used for holiday shopping in store and online. The more you spend in store in October, the more you'll get back. Just click on this link for details.

The new Lancome Deluxe Brush Set is so cool. Even though I don't need more brushes, I had to buy it! The store only received a few, and I knew I would regret going home without it. For $59, you get five precision, short-handled brushes in the beautiful clutch shown here. On top of that, they had a nice gift with purchase. Next time I go, I'd like to spend more time with Shammi Bindra to see the new skin care, Absolue Precious Cells, that Kari reviewed on Fabulous Over Forty.

The brush set includes the following brushes.
  • Foundation Brush #2 -The must-have brush for flawlessly applying any foundation
  • Powder Brush #1 - The pro for sheer, smooth, naturally flawless powder or blusher application
  • Precision Shadow Brush #12 - A great eye shadow brush
  • Dual Ended Brush #18 - Two sided: the flat, fine edge brush precisely applies shadow, wet or dry, to create a sharp eye liner, and a shadow brush on the other end
  • Blending Shadow Brush #17 - For precise eye shadow application that makes smudging in the corners a breeze
I know I'll love these brushes. I like them better than the Indigo brushes that were introduced a couple of months ago. Although both colors are strange for makeup brushes, the purple (more ruby toned than shown above) reeled me in!

Guerlain's Holiday Collection for 2009 was in the store, and I had to buy a few gorgeous items. I'll tell you about them tomorrow. I also got a darling Clinique lip gloss set in a pink zip bag. I'm loving all my new treats, but where on earth will I put them? My house has turned into a makeup emporium.

Photo courtesy of Lancome

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.