Thursday, October 29, 2009

Laura Mercier Club Couture Holiday Collection

The holiday color collections continue to roll out. Laura Mercier's Club Couture Collection is advertised as an elegant, but bold look inspired by the runway - where uptown chic meets downtown cool with a focus on the eyes. Despite the marketing hype, Laura Mercier designs products for "real women." No wonder she has so many fans.

Here are the products from the new collection that are most intriguing to me.

Foiled Eye Colour ($22) is an innovative, wet-dry baked powder formula in polished shades of V.I.P. Silver and V.I.P. Gold for a shimmering metallic look.

Lip Colour - Shimmer ($22) provides creamy long-lasting coverage with moisturizing, anti-aging, antioxidant, and plumping ingredients to enhance the lips. Designer Beige is the new color.

Lip Glacé ($22) is available in a pretty new pink shade, After Hours. This high-shine, pigmented lip gloss provides rich color and brilliant shine to create the appearance of fuller lips.

Lip Colour - Crème ($22), with the same properties as the shimmer lipstick, is also available in a new delicate baby pink shade, Pink Label.

I can't get at all excited about the Full Faux Eyelashes ($18), but surely there is someone out there who wants to try them!

There's more. You can check out this new collection on Laura Mercier's Web site, where complimentary shipping is available. Saks, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus all carry Laura Mercier if you want to cast your eyes on the collection before you decide on a purchase. If you do go shopping, check out the great Laura Mercier value sets that are currently available.

Photo courtesy of Laura Mercier

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm such a fan of Laura Mercier so it's nice to see this holiday collection is coming out. While I use products from all sorts of lines, I just realized the other day that the majority are LM products. My favorites are her powder and eye shadows. Really long lasting coverage and rich shades!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there,

I was at Saks yesterday, and all the new Laura products were there, including sets galore. The sets are such a value! I bought a shadow set. Had I had unlimited funds, I would have bought a second lip gloss set. There is one eye shadow set that comes with mascara and double-ended brushes that's a real deal. These are great times for Laura Mercier fans!

I need to experiment this weekend and use her shadows wet. The new round ones in the palette are supposed to be perfect wet or dry.