Sunday, October 4, 2009

Beauty Shopping at Bloomies - Part 2 Guerlain

Guerlain's Imperial Holiday Collection for 2009 is in the store. The items are gorgeous - the norm for Guerlain these days.

Inspired by the opulence of the past, the packaging is elegant. Actually, everything about the collection is elegant - silver and diamonds, the romance of the past, and beautiful color for the face.

The links here go to Guerlain products, but don't show these new colors yet. I will update the links when the collection appears online.

The Kiss Kiss Glosses ($29) are regal, with a black scroll design painted on the outside of the see-through containers. They are available in three limited edition colors, #807 Perle de Lune (the lightest, barely there shade), #808 Ambre Precieuse (a rosy-brown to my eye), and #809 Rubis Rose (dark, complex brown red). My descriptions may not be perfect, but all three will work for everyone - they are very wearable, shiny gloss colors. The darker two jumped right into my hands and came home with me.

Le Rouge G Jewel Lipstick Compacts ($45) are available in two limited edition colors, #11 Grace and #12 Gems. Both are lovely, but I purchased neither. As I wrote a few months ago, I don't like the unique packaging because of its heft. I want a lipstick I can carry around with me without adding to the weight of my purse. But if you want an elegant lipstick to pull out of your bag, these are right up your alley!

The Ombre Eclat 4 Coleurs ($58) eye shadow compact is gushingly beautiful. Combining soft with intense, luminous with pearl, it takes neutral shades to new heights. Again, a limited edition, #407 Bal de Nuit has dark and light taupe, a pinky peach, and light golden beige. This came home with me.

I was a little disappointed in the Meteorites Powder on display. I swiped a bit on my arm, and I saw glitter. I love shine, but not sparkles on my face. So, despite the beautiful little multi-colored pearls beckoning from their container, it had to stay at the store. There is also a pressed powder compact that appeared to be less sparkly. I would have sampled, but I had spent enough by that point.

Rounding out the collection is gold mascara (won't that give you some nighttime drama!), and a limited edition Shalimar Birds of Paradise ($100) in a silver bottle that is beyond beautiful.

Bloomingdale's had a Guerlain gift with purchase, four deluxe samples of Success Future skin care, and I'm looking forward to the test drive.

The collection is available at Bloomingdale's, and if it's not in store at Saks, Neiman Marcus, and other department stores where you buy Guerlain, it will be soon. If you are local to DC, I know Zelda Arican at Bloomingdale's will take good care of you.

No comments: