Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bioelements Absolute Moisture for Combo Skin

Bioelements Absolute Moisture ($31.50) is a great moisturizer for women (and men) with combination skin. Bioelements is a mainstay of professional aestheticians. If you have had a facial, there's a good chance you have experienced Bioelements.

Now and then, I mess up and order something that isn't the right product for me. This happened when I placed a Bioelements order for Absolute Moisture. I just didn't do my homework. When it came, I saw my mistake right away. The box said it was for combination and oily skin. That's so not me!

However, I'm pretty lazy about returning products, and I know a Best Things in Beauty reader who has ultra-combo skin: very dry in places, but very oily in the T-zone. I asked her to test it. I carefully spooned out a large sample and sent it her way. I didn't tell her what it was, just asked that she test it and send me the results. The outcome? She loved the "mystery moisturizer," so the rest of the product is headed her way.

Here's what she had to say.

"I'm almost finished with the moisturizer and I'm loving it! It has a great consistency. It's lightweight, leaves no oily residue, soaks in well, and has no scent, which I love. Also, it doesn't leave me with a shiny face like a lot of combo-skin moisturizers do. This is a great daytime moisturizer, but I would go with something a bit thicker for the evening, paired with an eye cream of course. The moisturizer is great under makeup and blends well with foundation or a tinted SPF moisturizer."

Sounds to me like an endorsement! So, if you have hard-to-please combination skin, you might want to give Bioelements Absolute Moisture a try. The company says that with daily use, you can expect to see surface wrinkles minimized, smoother and softer skin, and your moisture level balanced. The product's self-adjusting hydrators balance the skin's water-to-oil levels - a normalizing action.

The key ingredients are all good.
  • Sodium PCA: Softening, moisture-binding
  • Hyaluronic acid: Moisture-binder
  • Almond oil: Emollient
  • Avocado oil: Soothing, emollient
You can learn more about Absolute Moisture and purchase it at the Bioelements Web site. It's also available at SkinWest.com, Carla's Salon in McLean, Virginia, and many other places.

Photo courtesy of Bioelements

No comments: