Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bobbi Brown Limited Edition Holiday Colors

What a Bobbi bonanza it was here this week as my latest purchases arrived! Bobbi Brown's Holiday 2009 Collection is superb, and the new palettes/sets are superstars. There's so much to love!

What I ordered so far: Earth Metal Lip and Eye Palette ($60), Glitter Lip Balm Palette ($40), Goldstone Long Wear Eye Palette ($40), and Velvet Plum Eye Palette ($40), the latter back by popular demand.

What's still on my list? Chrome Eye Shadow ($22) in gold, pewter, and silver.

The Earth Metal Lip and Eye Palette , shown here, is a blockbuster, with six eye shadows and four lip colors. The eye shadows were the seller for me - in shades that will work in all seasons. Nothing wrong with the lip colors - I just prefer mine in tubes. Good that the palette comes with brushes!

The Goldstone Long-Wear Eye Palette, shown below, has two shades of Long-Wear Cream Shadow, one shade of Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner, and a dual-ended Mini Cream Shadow/Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush. Since I love cream shadows (and the gel liner!), this was a must-have. There are nice little caps on each, so they won't dry out. Mineral Dust is a new color for me, and I LOVE it. The Glitter Lip Balm Palette, shown below, will be fun to have in my desk drawer. I'll be able to keep my lips comfy and shiny at all times. Crystal Rose, the darkest balm on the left, is likely to be worn down before the other pretty, flexible shades.

I like the Velvet Plum Eye Palette colors because they don't scream "plum" when combined, and they can be applied lightly for a very sculpted, but natural look. Naked Eye Shadow (pink) and Velvet Plum Metallic Eye Shadow are colors I can wear. I have to be very careful with any shadows with "red" tones - they bring out the red around my eyes. I think I told y'all once that Bobbi herself told me not to wear red-toned shadows.

There's more! A Lip Gloss Trio ($40) and a Tube Tint Trio ($28), both of which will make great holiday gifts. I want to see the Lip Gloss Trio before I purchase it, so a trip to the mall is in my future.

I have placed Bobbi Brown on a pinnacle. Each collection is so good, I am forced to dig into an increasingly empty wallet. I never regret it!

Most of these palettes are limited editions, so get them while you can from Bobbi Brown's Web site or a Bobbi Brown counter near you. Right now, your choice of free samples at the Web site includes a mini Moisturizing Cream Compact Foundation in your favorite shade. I adore these. They are perfect to carry with you for mid-day touch-ups. There's also a "Surprise Me" selection; I received a deluxe sample of Bobbi's award-winning blusher in Sand Pink, so I'm a happy girl.

Photos courtesy of Bobbi Brown

No comments: