Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chantecaille Lip Contour Fill

Chantecaille's Lip Contour Fill ($28) is a sleeper product! It even slept at my house until I discovered it in a set recently. I remembered the set as containing only skin care, and when I opened it, I got a delightful reminder.

Lip Contour Fill is specifically targeted for the little vermillion lines around the lips, the lines many of you mention frequently in your comments. The Lip Contour Fill pencil smoothes the surface of the lips, invisibly filling wrinkles and preventing lipstick from feathering. Apply it before color. It's that simple.

The pencil is lip colored. Actually, it's just a teeny tiny bit lighter than my own lip color - the perfect primer. I have used it before both lipstick and gloss, and it allows them to last much longer than normal. How nice is that? It does double duty. It's very special to me this week, particularly because I discovered in my own house. Does that indicate I have too much makeup? Hmm...

The only one of my friends who seems to have discovered it - long before me - is The Non-Blonde. She called it a holy grail. Pop over and see her post. She has a photo, something I was unable to get this week.

I highly recommend this Chantecaille product for everyone with little lines and feathering. You can get it at Chantecaille's Web site (please sign the World Ocean Day petition) and Chantecaille counters.

Photo courtesy of Chantecaille

7 comments:

lovethescents said...

I've had this for ages and forgot I did! I think I used it once as a liner....must try again!! Thanks for the reminder and the tips.

Eileen said...

I bought this a few years ago. I don't use it on a regular basis because lip products in general have improved so dramatically over the past few years. Even though I have numerous verticle lip lines, I just don't get any feathering with my favorite lipsticks like I did back in the day. This does make a great lip primer, though. You know how some MA's like to lightly cover the lips with a lip pencil so that the lipstick or gloss has something to which it can cling? This does the same thing without adding any particular color. It's a nice little specialty item, but far from a "must have".

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

Another discovery! Isn't it fun to find something you forgot?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen!

No, not an essential, but when I want a primer, this will be my choice. I don't suffer with lines or feathering, so I guess I'm lucky. :)

lovethescents said...

It IS, C-girl!

jensun said...

Pfft. I guess I'm not your friend. I reviewed it. lol

I love this product and not only does it stop lipstick bleeds it also stops gloss bleeds, too, as you said. That's major. I use it in conjunction with my MAC Prep + Prime Lip to get really extended wear (I find it best to let the MAC product set up for a few minutes - it works best when it's tacky.).

xoxo

Charlestongirl said...

Missed it entirely, Jen! Sorry!!

I even did a Google search for reviews, and yours didn't come up. Boo.