Friday, June 15, 2012

Rouge Bunny Rouge Cheek Wand in Titian

Rouge Bunny Rouge's Cheek Wand ($34) is a cream blush in a convenient stick form. I love cream blushes because they melt into my skin, making the color look natural - like magic. I ordered the new shade, Titian, from Zuneta. Since it arrived today, and I gushed when I tried it, I decided to "rush it into print." It's part of the new Mistral Collection. It appears I applied it to my backdrop above - sorry.

Fresh as dew in early summer mornings, the Mistral Look presents a diaphanous, light, breathing collection for complexion and lips, utterly soft and juicy like freshly washed, ripe fruits. The lightly flushed cheeks and the new subtle eye makeup with its gentle pastels, mauve-taupe and pale powdered pink, fit perfectly with the naturally balanced, slightly sun-kissed look.

The Cheek Wand had previously been available in four shades. Titian adds a new dimension to the product with its gorgeous nude shade. The even, blendable colors have proven themselves at my house. With natural oils and spherical powders for a super-soft emollient cream-to-powder finish, the easy-to-use portable wand can be applied straight to my cheeks, blending with my fingers or a brush, or running a synthetic brush over the top of the wand to pick up the color and then deposit it on my face.

Paint a "soft aquarelle inspiration or a vivacious oil-on-canvas muse to your cheeks" with a Cheek Wand. You're going to love it. I thought about showing you the photo of Titian from Zuneta, but it's a bit misleading (looks mauve-toned). The shade is described as a semi-transparent, beige rose with the barest hint of peach. I would describe it instead as nude with hints of peach. I think it's the prettiest nude blush I own - and it just came! It won me over the second I applied it to my face. It looks incredibly natural.

The undertones of Titian are definitely nude, and the peach highlight adds a complexity that gives it a summery look that's delightful. I applied it straight from the wand and took my photos in full sun.

If you think you can't wear peach-toned blushes, Titian will change your mind. I keep looking in the mirror thinking, "Wow, that looks good." This elegant, classic shade blends for a neutral and very natural color that will enliven your face with a subtle, youthful shine - as promised.

I love, love, love it - and you know I just received it. I think seconds are in my future. The Cheek Wands are so cute, they fit right in my carry-along makeup bag. I want to have one in my bathroom and one in my handbag. Titian will work no matter what I'm wearing.

You can find Rouge Bunny Rouge's Cheek Wand in Titian, along with the rest of the Mistral Collection, at Zuneta and Beautyhabit. I can't wait to try and also get photos of the rest of my new treasures. Stay tuned.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Flyavsted said...

Thanks for letting me know what to add to my zuneta shopping cart! ;) I love neutrals.

Charlestongirl said...

Flyavsted,

This is one of the prettiest nudes I've ever seen! I love the slight sheen too.

Unknown said...

Thank you SO much for sharing your swatches and thoughts on this one. I was intrigued but not really tempted by the online pictures on Zuneta. Having seen your pictures, I think this would be perfect for me. I'm nervous of peaches but love a good nude blush.

Thank you!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi there, Modesty Brown!

I know...the photos of Titan were really pretty, but totally "off." I think you will look good in it!

mkdallas said...

Oh lordy, your photos were so gorgeous, I just had to pull the trigger and order this one. Can't wait to get it!

Wendy said...

It looks beautiful on your skin!

Anonymous said...

Hey this almost looks like a cream version of Chantecaille Wind! It's so pretty! I'd love to get this one!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mkdallas!

It's a shade that should look good on everyone. It's magical on the cheeks, primarily because it won't obliterate your own cheek tone. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Wendy!

Charlestongirl said...

I think it will look great on you, Tracy!

Walls said...

I believe the name of the colour is 'Titian', after the artist. I ordered it, too, and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. Thanks for sharing the lovely swatches.

Charlestongirl said...

You're right, Walls! Thanks for correcting my error. I fixed the post. :)

Neo said...

Hmmm, I wonder how long the regular shipping from Zuneta takes? My order shipped on 6 June, and I'm still waiting for it...

I'm glad to know they have great CS, that's always a plus in my book ;)

I'm not too big on peachy tones, they don't look too good on me, but the texture of that blush looks scrumptious!!!!!! I'm sure they have something more pink that would work well for me, lol! Off to beautyhabit, to check it out! Thank you again (I think, lol), for a wonderful review :)