Monday, June 25, 2012

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Troublant from Les Essentials de Chanel for Fall 2012

There are two new limited-edition colors of Chanel's Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss ($32) in Les Essentials de Chanel for Fall 2012: Caprice and Troublant. Troublant, described as a bold violet plum-brown, was my immediate choice. There was nothing wrong with Caprice - it's a beautiful pink. However, Troublant, a mauve shade in the spirit of Rouge Coco in Caractère, called my name! Charlestongirl, don't leave me here. If you do, you'll be sorry. I'm limited.

Are you familiar with Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss? I'll bet you Chanel fans have at least one in your wardrobe. It's a "next-generation lip gloss, with color so rich and shine so intense, it could only be inspired by the iconic lipstick, Rouge Allure." Bold, pigmented color combines with the smoothest, silkiest gel texture for luxurious wear and a deeply dramatic effect if you apply it boldly. The formula makes the lips feel comfortable - never sticky or tacky - and look luminous and full for hours, depending on your propensity for "eating" your lip color. The double-sided, flocked applicator is beveled to deliver ultra-precise definition on application. I'm not sure I'd call it a lip gloss. I think of it as a liquid-gel lipstick.

While the color of Troublant isn't apparent in my photo of the wand and tube above, it should be in my swatch photos below. The color is a stunning mauve. It offers color payoff, shine, and a beautifully hydrating feel. Like Caractère, it's a "me color."

I'm not sure lip color gets any prettier. Troublant is sheer enough that I can wear it now and right into fall without skipping a beat.

Please try to ignore the little boo-boo on my arm. I'm sure the bruise resulted from a run-in with something, but for the life of me, I can't remember what. I've started trying to protect my swatch arm like a hand model protects her hands. Crazy, huh?

Anyhow, Troublant is a must-have shade. It's one of the stars of Les Essentials de Chanel. Make sure to look for it when your Chanel counter receives the Fall 2012 Collection - if you haven't already seen it.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Nemo said...

Oh, gorgeous. Better than the lipstick.

lovethescents said...

This is a STUNNING berry colour! I think I'll need to have this one for sure. I can see it becoming a 'regular' on me :-)

Snjohnson10 said...

I LOVE fall collections! Like you, these are such "me" shades (as well as "me" weather!)

Thank you for the gorgeous swatches!
Stacy

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo,

Oh, not sure I could love with only one of them.

Charlestongirl said...

I love that, Lovethescents: STUNNING!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Stacy, I love fall colors too, and when I can wear them now? All the better! :)

yesplease1816 said...

Arrghh, I thought I was decided on Caprice but this is such a lovely mauve!!! I actually really like how mauve glosses look on me, so I must definitely check this one out!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Yesplease,

Definitely look at this gorgeous color!