Thursday, June 28, 2012

Laura Mercier Pink Tourmaline Shimmer Block

Pink Tourmaline is Laura Mercier's new Shimmer Block ($38). It's a limited edition (according to Sephora, where it's claimed to be exclusive). However, it's available at Laura Mercier's Web site. I wanted to show it to you today because Laura Mercier is having a Friends & Family Sale. If you spend $100 or more, you will receive a 20% discount, samples, and free shipping - through June 30.

Shimmer Block is a bronzing or luminizing palette, depending on the shade, composed with a unique, baked formula that contains light-reflecting properties. The four unique shades of Pink Tourmaline impart an icy pink highlighting effect when blended together, giving the skin a healthy, youthful, allover glow.

You can use the Shimmer Blocks to brighten your eyes, cheeks, and body with a hint of natural color and light. Available in shades of peach, pink, and bronze, there's one - at least one - for every complexion.

For my swatch photos, taken in full sun, I applied Pink Tourmaline heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator at the top of my arm, and I used a dense blush brush to apply it heavily below. When applied properly, the pink lights up my face. I'm not sure how it would look on anyone with a medium or dark skin tone or yellow/olive undertones. There may be a better shade for others. For me? It's gorgeous!

The photo directly above provides the best replication of how it looks on the face, even though the top photo is more dramatic in color.

It's a great time to place your Laura Mercier order. That item you've been coveting? Order it and a few others during Friends & Family, and you'll basically get one free. I'm shopping now.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Suzanne P-K said...

Awesome color - love tourmaline. Now all they need is the green, blue, and black tourmaline eye shadows, and they could have a featured collection. Little bit of a missed oppportunity. Thanks for the post.

yesplease1816 said...

exactly my thoughts, CG. I think it's gorgeous but there's no way that would flatter my light-medium skin with warm, yellow undertones. Gorgeous option for the cool-toned ladies though!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Suzanne!

What a cool idea! You should write LM.

Charlestongirl said...

My own thoughts - could be wrong - but I think it's too pink for you warm-toned gals. Fortunately, there are Shimmer Blocks for you!

Katesinva said...

I have this and love it!!! I like to use it as a highlighter on my cheekbones over a less shimmery pink blush. Are you layering it or wearing it alone?

Katie said...

Dos this remind you of guerlain's cruel gardenia at all? I am still pining over that one....sigh.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Katesinva! Isn't it pretty? Thanks for commenting!

I'm wearing it both alone and layered.

Charlestongirl said...

YES, Katie!