Monday, June 4, 2012

The New Black Ombre 5-Piece Nail Polish Set in Waves

I wished for The New Black Ombre 5-Piece Nail Polish Set in Waves ($22), and the wonderful ladies who own the company made my wish come true. Wow! These shades are gorgeous.

This five-piece set of expertly curated colors offers a range of complementary nail tones. It allows us to paint our nails with progressive colors, one for each nail (but a little too unconventional for me), or just select one of the gorgeous seaside shades for each week. The colors in this set delight me. I love shades of blue-green. When I first tried the Waves, I sighed.

The formulations are long-wearing, ultra-glossy, fast-drying, chip-resistant, non-toxic, and vegan. The colors glide on evenly and effortlessly (as promised) for a truly professional-looking finish.

Nicole Ostoya and Robin Coe-Hutshing founded The New Black (after Ultraflesh) to create high-quality color stories that make it possible to try all the latest nail trends at an affordable price. Featuring limited-edition sets of curated, compatible colors inspired by the runway, The New Black’s range of shades is innovative. I have a selection of sets to show you, and I can't wait.

Aren't these gorgeous? The shades, actually called Bank Holiday Weekend on the box, are all tones of the Mediterranean sea. The photo above shows them in reverse order from my swatch photos, which were taken in late-afternoon sun. I applied two coats of each, with the exception of the shade on the far right, It's sheer, so I applied a quick third coat. They don't have names, and all share the number 2089 on the bottom of the bottle.

The little 0.125-ounce bottles, with enough polish for many applications, contain, from left to right, shades of sea blue, shimmering teal, medium summer green, seafoam blue, and seafoam green. Every one of them is exquisite.

I'm ready to go dip my toes in the sea and sand, looking colorful and elegant. You can too. The New Black can be found at many online sources, including Sephora. I'll be showing you more in the days and weeks to come. The New Black sets are amazingly affordable and offer fashionable shades. You can't go wrong.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Shelnmum said...

These are gorgeous! I should try them soon!:-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful colours! I actually just saw a similar concept ombre set of nail colours at Shoppers Drug Mart when I was there this afternoon. Love it!

lizzybee said...

Sooo pretty!! I love 'em and I want 'em ... thanks for the post, Charlestongirl. xoxo Beth in Pgh ;-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Shelnum!

They ARE gorgeous. I'm such a blue-green fan. I love them!

Charlestongirl said...

Pretty cool, huh, PP?

Charlestongirl said...

Hey Beth! The nice thing is that they are so affordable.

Reena said...

Gorgeous glitz!I love these shades of blue. I want to try it on to make a piece of nail art. =)

Charlestongirl said...

Reena, that sounds fun!

Victoria said...

CG, may I ask what nail wheel (is that what those things are called?) you use, where you acquired it, and how you like it? Thanks!

(Absolutely gorgeous colors, by the way. Alas that I am stuck with nudes and pinks for the office.)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi May,

I forget what these little wheels are called, but I get them at Sally's Beauty Supply.

yesplease1816 said...

Wow, this set is so gorgeous. This is the first set from the brand that has caught my eye (understatement--I'm obsessed with these shades!). I've been wearing a lot of turquoise on my nails and really wanted a few more shades that were similar--this set is perfect! Picking one up this weekend!