Monday, June 11, 2012

LORAC Blush/Bronzer Duo in Hot Spicy

This one is a Hot Spicy duo!  LORAC's Blush/Bronzer Duo ($30) is a treat. The colors are even prettier in person than they look in Sephora's photos (shown above). I have Hot Spicy, a peach and light bronze shimmery pairing, sent to me by the company. The other shade available is Hot Flash (seriously, I don't need to be reminded - not sure if that was a tongue-in-cheek title). It looks darker and more vibrant, probably better for darker skin.


My photo of Hot Spicy is shown directly above. It was taken in full sun. I love these colors, particularly since they look so warm and natural on my skin. Plus, there's a little pink in each color, making them suitable for many complexions.

I don't have much time to gush right now, but I did gush when I first applied the two shades, individually and in tandem. I applied both shades heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator and took my photos in full sun. Aren't they pretty?

The top peach shade, the blush, is a gorgeous, warm-weather color on the cheeks. While I have other colors like it, I have nothing exactly like the bronze shade. I love it! The light brown has a touch of pink that makes it extremely natural. I don't tan brown. I tan a hybrid of brown and pink. Now I try to avoid sun exposure, so the duo is perfect for me. The bronze coordinates perfectly with the peach color. LORAC's duo is a big hit at my house.

You can find it at Sephora. There's also another LORAC duo available with a matte bronzer, but I love this one. It's not at all glittery, but it adds a subtle shimmer that looks great. Get it before it's gone. It's a great buy. The compact is generous, and it includes a brush for on-the-go application.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

lovethescents said...

What incredibly beautiful swatches. I, like you, am particularly impressed by the dimensions in that bronze shade. It's an eyebrow-raiser, that's for sure!

Charlestongirl said...

It sure is, Lovethescents. I LOVE it!

yesplease1816 said...

Wow--those 2 colors are so beautiful separately, but together they're perfection!! I don't know why I don't pay much attention to Lorac anymore, but I NEED this duo!

Charlestongirl said...

Yesplease, I had stopped my LORAC orders, but I'm hyped again. I adore this duo!

Reena said...

Pretty! I love duos. Each tone has very nice colors and perfect to use both as well. This is a must have.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Reena! They are a nice way to get two for the price of one, plus LORAC's prices are very reasonable. :)