Thursday, June 21, 2012

Trish McEvoy Irresistible Lip Gloss

I was walking past the Trish McEvoy counter at Neiman Marcus recently and saw a new makeup display with Irresistible Lip Gloss ($25) on it. The gloss caught my eye, so I swatched it and found I liked it. It came home with me.

I have since learned that the gloss I purchased isn't new. Apparently, as I've experienced with Dior, it was placed in the display by a rep who didn't have the new gloss, so she stuck anything she had in the new display.  That always annoys me, but my annoyance is ameliorated by how pretty Irresistible is.

Here's a swatch photo to show you this beautiful brown.  My photo was taken in full sun and shows the shade in all its sparkling glory. The sparking is persistent. It lasts longer than the color. The color itself is long-lasting for a gloss. As you can see above, the applicator is a brush.

The formula, called shimmering by Trish McEvoy, but sparkling by me, combines brilliant points-of-light and high shine for the illusion of fuller lips. It's also hydrating, making my lips feel moist when I wear it.

There is a whole line of Trish Irresistible Lip Glosses. This Irresistible Gloss shade is called Irresistible. A little confusing, but worth a look if you like brown glosses with stunning micro-sparklies.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Love it! May have to pick this up.
I love sparkly glosses, I have one from Dior from a few yrs back that has some silver sparkles in it and I have never been able to find another one like it.

lovethescents said...

Really pretty for the summer, indeed

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mary Ann,

It is gorgeous.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

Do you have Trish counters there?