Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rouge Bunny Rouge Sweet Excesses Glassy Gloss from the Mistral Collection

When I got the e-mails about the new shades of Rouge Bunny Rouge Sweet Excesses Glassy Gloss ($29) from the Mistral Collection, I knew I wanted to order right away. There was only one problem. How was I going to select one, maybe two, of these five gorgeous shades? You know the rest; I ordered all five. Now that they have arrived, I couldn't be happier that I ordered every new shade. They are beautiful pinks - pink in all of its incarnations.

The Mistral Colletion showcases the dessert-like Glassy Glosses in five new scrumptious colors that will leave your lips sparkling with bejewelled effect. The ultra-glossy formula combines a non-sticky finish with intense moisturizing properties that have an immediate soothing effect on dry lips.

Look at the rainbow of pastel pinks in my photo above! They are shown in numeric order. From left to right, you can see 078 (Rhubarb Custard), 079 (Rahat Lokum), 080 (Raspberry Meringue), 081 (Cherry Clafoutis), and 082 (Mousse Fandango). I suggest you select from your batched glosses on the counter by sight. The print of the names on the tube labels is as hard to read as Giorgio Armani's. I just spent five minutes reading the tubes that match my photo above.

Let's get right to the swatches. My photos were taken in full sun. As you can see, all of the shades are light and luscious. I swatched in the same numeric order as pictured above, with 078 at the top of my arm and 082 at the bottom. These two shades are definitely the "darkest" of the five pinks.

Rhubarb Custard has some peach in it. It's a warm pink that offers semi-sheer (or semi-opaque) coverage in a shade Rouge Bunny Rouge describes as a milky nude rosewood. I can't really see the rosewood in it. I see a warm, summery pink.

Rahat Lokum is described as a pale milky pink with medium-heavy pearl effect micro-shimmer. I think that's accurate. It's a gorgeous pink. I may need seconds.

Raspberry Meringue (in the middle) is called pale pink with very soft mother of pearl micro-shimmer. "This shade doesn’t yield a strong color, but it makes lips naturally pretty." I'll vote for that description, but it doesn't do justice to the gorgeous glow the shade adds to the lips.

Cherry Clafoutis is a gloss version of the Scrumptiously Devious lipstick, a sheer blue-based cool pink with a warm golden opalescence. It could not be prettier. What a cool idea to make a gloss to go with Scrumptiously Devious!

Finally, the deepest of the bunch in color, Mousse Fandango (love the name) is a "dark tone of milky pink with barest whispers of grayish mauve and touch of silver micro-pearls. This shade is deep enough to pop without any other lip color underneath. It's warm, despite being called "grayish." I don't see any dingy gray!

I don't know how you pink lovers are going to select only one or two, but no matter what you order, you're going to love these new Rouge Bunny Rouge lip glosses.

Think of lusciously ripe fruit dipped in the shiniest of honeys. Your lips will be optically plumped to a mouth-watering fullness and a lavish dream-star shine. Irresistible. Like a scrumptious dessert that cheers you to the bones just by inhaling it, these Glassy Glosses radiate spicy sweetness and utter intoxicating decadence.

All of these candy drops of color are heaped with exotic ingredients, and some abound with minute pearlized particles to sparkle your lips with glittering bejewelled effects. People will gaze at you with shiny-eyed infatuation, longing that you will possibly get...a...little...bit...closer.


The ultra-glossy finish with a soothing and protective blend of paper birch extract and woodland figwort speaks of wild freshness, naturally. Antioxidant and anti-aging, the formula also contains cotton tree fruit extract to hydrate and revitalize. 


Even without the lovely marketing description, I'm sold - not only on Rouge Bunny Rouge Sweet Excesses Glossy Gloss, but also on everything Rouge Bunny Rouge makes. You can order these gorgeous new lip glosses from Zuneta (where I ordered mine) and Beautyhabit. Will there be a handful in your shopping basket?

Photo at top courtesy of Zuneta; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

20 comments:

Alice said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

I'd been looking forward to this review, thank you so much! The shades look lovely though I'm surprised that there isn't more variation (I find the paler ones a little too similar, though of course they may look different once worn).

I have one question: how would you say that rhubarb custard and mousse fandango compare with crisp sorbet? Are the shades very similar? I already own crisp sorbet so wouldn't want to order something that is too similar.

grlnxdor said...

Love the two darkest shades. The rest wouldn't show up on my barely pigmented lips.

Anahita said...

Everything looks awesome. I picked up everything RBR used in the summer look. The 20% off code at BeautyHabit pushed me over the edge. Have you seen any of the new fall collections yet? I can't wait to hear your thoughts. I was in NYC last week and Bergdorf's had BB, LM and Chanel fall in.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Alice!

The shades do have significant similarities. Perhaps if I had seen them first, I could have narrowed my choices. I'm at work, but I'll try to answer your question about Crisp Sorbet later.

Charlestongirl said...

Good choices, grlnxdor!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Ananita,

I purchased much of the BB fall collection last weekend. I am hoping to get photos this week so I can feature it soon.

Anahita said...

OOh Can't wait to read your reviews and see swatches.

Jo said...

Hey Anahita, what is the 20% off Beautyhabit code, if you don't mind LOL. Thanks for the swatches CG I've been waiting for this review. They all look so pretty. It's hard to choose.

Jo said...

Oh nevermind Anahita, I just found the email from Beautyhabit about the 20% off. I had never even opened it. Oh well, looks like I missed the boat on that one.

Unknown said...

LOL I had the same issue as you but did the opposite. I couldn't choose and ordering all 5 wasn't an option for me so I ended up ordering none! Time to rectify that!

Charlestongirl said...

Anahita, the Chanel is also on the way. I bought a lot. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Jo, I missed it too. Bummer.

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, PP! Definitely order at least one. They are really pretty. You will probably like the darkest one best. :)

Walls said...

Wow, you got them all, Charlestongirl! Jealous. I ordered Rhubarb Custard, which is on backorder still, so I should get it soon, I hope. I did receive the blush wand in Titian and fell in love immediately. Where has it been all my makeup-wearing life, right? Thanks for sharing the beautiful swatches. I think I may want the darkest shade of the Sweet Excesses gloss now!

Victoria said...

Simply Gorgeous colors! I am SOO happy to hear I am NOT alone in that when I can't decide, or don't wanna "miss out" I just buy them ALL! My Hubby says I'm a make-up hoarder ~ and he's print right. I'm such a Lipstick Queen ;~). My son hates shopping wirh me & keeps me completely occupied until we pass the beauty counters, SO HE THINKS ;~ P
"I Enjoy checking my email at the end if the day just to see what CHARLESTON GIRL has to say!!!"
Keep it coming...

yesplease1816 said...

OMG pretty! See, this is what I wish the Giorgio Armani Gloss d'Armani Skin Lacquers had been like--they were practically clear. These are still quite translucent but there is a hint of color--especially 078 and 082. These are gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Walls. That gloss shade, Mousse Fandango, is one of my faves of all time.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Victoria! When in doubt, buy them all. There's nothing wrong with "collecting" makeup. It's not hoarding. We use it!

Charlestongirl said...

Going to get a few, Yesplease?

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I bought Rhubarb Custard last week and I love the color, the consistency, the staying power. EVERYTHING about it!!! Woo hoo! Can you tell that I'm excited about a new brand? (also got the eyeshadow in Abyssinian Catbird...gorgeous on my hazel eyes!)